The Donald Is Coming To Town

To be fair, if you saw the Trump/May "incredible, just incredible" press conference, you'd have seen Jim Acosta from CNN carry on his beef with Trump. Everywhere Trump goes, Acosta shouts his hardest to get a question (sometimes when Trump cannot hear), knowing Trump will call him fake news when he does and he can do a sad faced piece to camera afterwards. The absurdist nature of it all is quite funny to watch. Both as petulant as each other. Although CNN's ratings are not good.

I think the PM, should of called Trump out, via Twitter, when the Sun story broke along the lines of..."I am very disappointed when I learnt of the Mr Trumps comments made to the British newspaper today. What I would really appreciate if the President returned the respect I demonstrated to his office, when I was an invited guest in Washington". End of.

I think country would be fully supported the PM. IMO a missed opportunity.

To be fair, if you saw the Trump/May "incredible, just incredible" press conference, you'd have seen Jim Acosta from CNN carry on his beef with Trump. Everywhere Trump goes, Acosta shouts his hardest to get a question (sometimes when Trump cannot hear), knowing Trump will call him fake news when he does and he can do a sad faced piece to camera afterwards. The absurdist nature of it all is quite funny to watch. Both as petulant as each other. Although CNN's ratings are not good.
Gary, I can see you know your politics.

Quite. Deflective tactics. Let's mask the inadequacies of the US president by claiming he's not as bad as a man who's had one too many drinks (possibly).

I get that, at least by US electoral college principles, Trump was elected and should deserve respect. I also get that people have a right to be offended by his twitterings and much of his general behaviour.

It is rather ironic though, that in the land of the free, Trump really won't accept anything remotely critical of him. If a news channel (CBS, CNN) criticises him he doesn't take their questions. All the women who accused him of inappropriate behaviour are apparently liars.

I wouldn't march against him because, as @Gary Baldi rightly points out, I didn't march against the other despots who have visited the UK so it would be hypocritical, but I don't have to respect him.

Not sure if thatโ€™s directed at me or not Pete, but for the record I think Trump is a complete a**e.

No deflective tactics on my part, just someone who has suffered badly with Sciatica in the past, to the extent that I was in so much pain that I was struggling to get out of been in the morning.

As I said the video of Juncker did not relate to my experience of sciatica in any way, even on a 'good' day. As I have first-hand experince of sciatica I thought I could add something to the debate.

Having suffered from sciatica and from some heavy nights I am 100% certain that Junkers staggering has f**k all to do with any trapped nerve and everything to do with him being pissed. Im not sure whats more embarrassing, the EU trying to cover it up with that pathetic excuse or the pro EU brigade on here suggesting it could be a valid excuse.
If I went to "work" in that mess I would be sacked, it would appear Junker makes a habit of it.

I know feck all about politics and care less, but Trump is just winging it, surely. Seems totally out of his depth, and the tweets are just embarrassing. Every time he opens his mouth it makes me cringe. Possibly the most punchable American on the planet, and that's up against some pretty stiff competition.

I saw a comment about Trump yesterday that sums Trump up. Take him seriously, but don't always take him literally. And everything he does, he sees as a deal to win.

Well he's managed to annoy his core support in Congress with his comments in Russia at try he Press Conference with Putin. Solution claim the opposite the next day and say you misspoke. Obviously, Mr consistency strikes again.

It does support the don't take him literally mantra - and the oddity of the comment is he's put the toughest sanctions on Russia.

I found some Putin's body language fascinating, but cannot fully judge because of the botox and plastic surgery. When Trump and Putin were sat in those chairs, Putin's left hand was gripping the chair like a mofo while the right was open. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom