Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Maddison is a much better footballer and he hasn't treated us the way O'Dowda did - I don't care what he has done at Peterborough. The club has moved on and the club has moved forward. He has not. Tough s**t. He made his bed..

Absolutely. Look at the case of Ched Evans, if he had taken notice of any of the finger pointing whilst on trial, he would have never kicked a ball again.

What’s the chances of a player this week then?
If I'm honest, I'm not sure we'll see any deals done this week. Most PL teams are still in the league cup so might want to give youngsters a run out before looking at loan deals once the international transfer window closes a week tomorrow. Maddison is out of contract so, if it happens it could happen at any time, but I think other positions will be the priority at the moment.

No chance. Its not about being petty or holding grudges, his behavior was appalling and hes not the kind of character we should be welcoming back to our football club.

Hes a snake. Let him rot on City's bench.
Is he our equivalent of the Gas and Matty Taylor?

No chance. Its not about being petty or holding grudges, his behavior was appalling and hes not the kind of character we should be welcoming back to our football club.

Young kid angles for move to higher league and pretended to be ill while doing it. Is that the worst of his crimes or did he do something else that warrants life long banishment and hatred?

Young kid angles for move to higher league and pretended to be ill while doing it. Is that the worst of his crimes or did he do something else that warrants life long banishment and hatred?
Is that all he did though? I think many people remember things a little differently. It appears he shot himself in the foot when he left us because has done very little since and his career has plateaued. He doesn't deserve the chance to use us as a chance to revive his career.

We could do with some new female admin staff on very good wages.... (if were near the wage cap)

Is that all he did though? I think many people remember things a little differently. It appears he shot himself in the foot when he left us because has done very little since and his career has plateaued. He doesn't deserve the chance to use us as a chance to revive his career.
I don't know that is why I asked.

Maddison is a much better footballer and he hasn't treated us the way O'Dowda did - I don't care what he has done at Peterborough. The club has moved on and the club has moved forward. He has not. Tough s**t. He made his bed..

Is Maddison a much better player? Based on what?

COD has 121 Championship appearances, Maddison has 7.

That's football! I remember Kevin Francis being a footballing joke, but the moment he signs for us he becomes Super, Super Kev!

My issue with COD was that I always thought of him as a nearly man for us. Undoubted talent, but I felt that he was playing for himself rather than the team at times. He's had a good run in the championship but not set the world alight, and I'd rather go with someone hungry to prove themselves rather than someone who I suspect would see it as a backwards move.

But of course if he signs he will become a local hero overnight and all will be forgiven!

Eh? Bristol City made an offer, he wanted to leave, so he got a ‘strategic’ cold for a few days while the deal went through. Happens all the time. We got a big transfer fee for a very young player. I really struggle with all this anti- O’Dowda nonsense. He owed us as much ‘loyalty’ as we owe the dozens of boys we release every season, in all our age group teams- i.e. none! Pro football is a tough career, so why blame a player for getting what he can, while he can. As to whether it was a good move, that’s another question. Probably not. But that’s between him, his agent, his family.

Doesn’t really matter what we think. I’m sure as long as he answers Robbo’s questions 1. Will he add something to the team 2. Can we afford him and 3. Is he available, then he’s fair game.

What COD did left a sour taste but it’s nothing that you don’t see up and down the country when a player wants a move. I would have hoped for better from a player who came through our own academy though. Also to suggest that Maddison is a better player is absolute nonsense, if Maddison was that good clubs would have taken a chance on him a long time ago. Top L1 player definitely but I’m not having he’s better then COD.

Callum is a talent that would help our squad so why not?
Weren’t a few critical of JoeyBeauchamp when he left for West Ham and then Swindon? When he came back he proved again just what a valuable player he was

Callum is a talent that would help our squad so why not?
Weren’t a few critical of JoeyBeauchamp when he left for West Ham and then Swindon? When he came back he proved again just what a valuable player he was

I often wonder how the Oxford-West Ham-Swindon-Oxford route of JB would have been seen nowadays with the forum and social media.

Back
Top Bottom