Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Eastwood needs to get back to his best, not sure we have the wage space to get a genuine competitor in. However if Eastwood gets a long term injury are we confident in what is left in the cupboard? I’d like to see Stevens get loaned out and get a good run of matches and get someone else in as a backup - a loan would work, but who would loan us someone to warm the bench? I wonder if a top club has released anyone this summer who could do a job, young and cheap but with potential (though obvs that’s what most people want).
KR will use the emergency loan facility for a keeper if Eastwood gets injured.

I'd you look at the pic that may be Kelly, the person to the left looks to me they it may be mclearly or hakeeb, fits height wise with both, can't think of any current player it could be. Club has is on strings at this point

Do I detect a sense of mischief in your question or are you trying to work out exactly how worried you should be about playing us...?

I read a post earlier suggesting you were short of strikers but with Taylor and Henry that doesn't appear to be so. You seem to be putting together a good squad. I might be a Sunderland supporter but my interest is whether you're a good bet for the coming season. Obviously 2019-20 was mucked up for all of us but I was impressed by how well you did even after losing those two forwards to Brentford in January.

I read a post earlier suggesting you were short of strikers but with Taylor and Henry that doesn't appear to be so. You seem to be putting together a good squad. I might be a Sunderland supporter but my interest is whether you're a good bet for the coming season. Obviously 2019-20 was mucked up for all of us but I was impressed by how well you did even after losing those two forwards to Brentford in January.

Henry is a right sided or central midfielder, not a striker. We do need another striker to support Matty Taylor and maybe Agyei unless one of the young 'uns has been earmarked/pushes through.

Last edited:
Henry is a right sides or central midfielder, not a striker. We do need another striker to support Matty Taylor and maybe Agyei unless one of the young 'uns has been earmarked/pushes through.

Thank you for that. I presumed Henry was a striker by the number of goals he scored last season. It's even more impressive to have scored so many from midfield.

Back
Top Bottom