Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

any word on how likely any of these are likely to be?
Taylor still has his pen in hand and is literally having to be held back from signing that 3 year deal offered in January. So thats one at least eh Scotchers ;-)

The following is taken from the Oxford Mail article today:

"Time is of the essence as they look to strengthen the squad further, with a vote on the introduction of a salary cap in the English Football League scheduled for next week.

If it does come in, the wages of anyone who signs after the vote will count in full, while higher earners already on the books will not be taken into account in the same way."

An interesting point, we may see a number of signings in the coming week to mitigate against the proposed salary cap.

The following is taken from the Oxford Mail article today:

"Time is of the essence as they look to strengthen the squad further, with a vote on the introduction of a salary cap in the English Football League scheduled for next week.

If it does come in, the wages of anyone who signs after the vote will count in full, while higher earners already on the books will not be taken into account in the same way."

An interesting point, we may see a number of signings in the coming week to mitigate against the proposed salary cap.

Which means, we might want to see that big earner come in in the next 7 days....

Taylor I would think is the big earner but until 31st July he's still contracted to Bristol City so I imagine it won't be announced until then or after.

Andy King could be an option, didn’t exactly light up the championship in his loan spell at Huddersfield. Vastly experienced quality midfielder, may be well out of our budget but I can see him ending up at one of the bigger L1 sides.

Gotta love that...

Fans "We need a 20 goal a season striker"
Club "Ok, here you go"
Fans "Yeah but he must get service"
Club "Ok, here you go"
Club "Player scores 20 goals with loads of service"
Fans "But he's just a goal hanger"
Worringly accurate.

Some people wouldn't know happiness if it smacked them in the face (or scored 20 goals from 30 yards)

Gotta love that...

Fans "We need a 20 goal a season striker"
Club "Ok, here you go"
Fans "Yeah but he must get service"
Club "Ok, here you go"
Club "Player scores 20 goals with loads of service"
Fans "But he's just a goal hanger"
Yes he's great, no problems with Taylor , but he's 30 and not always very fit. I'd thought our top earner might be an amazing younger winger or midfielder with a really good resale value.

I see the Gas have signed Jonah Ayunga from Havant and Waterloovile, highly rated striker in non League having first caught the eye of several league clubs who at Dorchester’s town. Some gas think the title will be theirs now ???
He may have been food in Mom league but will cut it in L1?

Believe it or not, hanging by the goal is a good idea if you are employed to put the ball in said goal...
Goal scorers (hangers or otherwise) demand the biggest wages. As @bazzer9461 will attest, 20 goal a season strikers aren't readily available. Another way of looking at this is that our wage structure has been very prudent to date but if we are going to compete, we need to push the boat our a bit more. Ellis Harrison at Pompey is on twice what our highest earner made last season.

Back
Top Bottom