Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I understand what your saying but Browne was singled out for criticism from KR after the play off final and Browne may not want to come, although on his day he is one of the best players in L1.
I think my point was more to do with Brownes ability to play well in a number of positions. You get more value for money from an adaptable player like that. Granted, he can throw and strop and seem disinterested at times but do we REALLY want to blow all of that money on Grigg? He isn't exactly a flair player or even a creative playmaker like Henry. It just seems a bit wild to me. He hasn't exactly been banging them in, has he?

I wouldn’t resign Browne under any circumstances, 2nd leg of the semi final and the final he didn’t look bothered and i’m Not one to criticise players but he just looked disinterested.

What, you wouldn’t want him on a free transfer?!

What, you wouldn’t want him on a free transfer?!

No I wouldn’t, I thought his big time Charlie antics shone through in the 2nd leg and the Final and he didn’t look interested, that’s just my opinion, he pulled out of numerous challenges & didn’t track back on numerous occasions also. IMO for someone who was playing in a play off final he looked disinterested and not up for the fight. Just expected everything to come to him.

No I wouldn’t, I thought his big time Charlie antics shone through in the 2nd leg and the Final and he didn’t look interested, that’s just my opinion, he pulled out of numerous challenges & didn’t track back on numerous occasions also. IMO for someone who was playing in a play off final he looked disinterested and not up for the fight. Just expected everything to come to him.

You do know that Browne was carrying an injury?

It can't be 'your opinion' that he's a big time Charlie. He either is or he isn't. A couple of off-games doesn't mean that he's a bad egg, because if he was, then why would KR seek to re-sign him from Middlesbrough?

It’s utterly ridiculous to say Browne wasn’t interested in the final. Show me a footballer who’s done his bit to get his team to the pay offs, then made a significant contribution to get his team through the semi finals but can’t be arsed in the showpiece final in front of a sizeable TV audience. He wasn’t at his best in the final - nor were Henry, Taylor, Brannagan, Gorrin - but that happens. He isn‘t the first talisman to freeze when it really matters. I just can‘t have it that he was disinterested though, he was well marshalled by Wycombe and sometimes it just doesn’t fall for you.

It can't be 'your opinion' that he's a big time Charlie. He either is or he isn't. A couple of off-games doesn't mean that he's a bad egg, because if he was, then why would KR seek to re-sign him from Middlesbrough?

For me yes he is, that’s what I said. Everyone’s entitled to opinions on this forum, that’s mine. I don’t think he is as good as some people make out, for me we could improve the team in other areas with what he would cost.

It’s utterly ridiculous to say Browne wasn’t interested in the final. Show me a footballer who’s done his bit to get his team to the pay offs, then made a significant contribution to get his team through the semi finals but can’t be arsed in the showpiece final in front of a sizeable TV audience. He wasn’t at his best in the final - nor were Henry, Taylor, Brannagan, Gorrin - but that happens. He isn‘t the first talisman to freeze when it really matters. I just can‘t have it that he was disinterested though, he was well marshalled by Wycombe and sometimes it just doesn’t fall for you.

He pulled out of numerous challenges in the Semi Final 2nd leg, I’ve watched the game numerous times and he did do that and the same with the Final, for me he doesn’t work hard enough. Someone on here said he was carrying an injury, if so he shouldn’t of played because he was a liability at times.

For me yes he is, that’s what I said. Everyone’s entitled to opinions on this forum, that’s mine. I don’t think he is as good as some people make out, for me we could improve the team in other areas with what he would cost.

That is an opinion and you're entitled to it. But he either is or isn't a big time Charlie, there is no option to be had there because based on evidence he either is or isn't. You have no way of gauging this other than watching him in a few games recently (also I like how you're omitting his solo goal in the first leg, how convenient). You have no idea what he's like as a person, you have no idea what he's like on the training field, you have no idea what he's like in the team gym. We've seen plenty of players leave the club, if Browne is as disinterested as you're saying, when why the hell would KR want him back?

Gavin Whyte not in Cardiff’s 20 man squad tonight. Maybe a lure of first team football might be attractive to him?

If Cardiff get through the play offs the lure of being a PL footballer, albeit a bit part one, on a substantially increased salary is likely to outweigh regular L1 football.

If Cardiff get through the play offs the lure of being a PL footballer, albeit a bit part one, on a substantially increased salary is likely to outweigh regular L1 football.
Unless he isn’t going to get a look in, like when Jack Payne became a PL player with Huddersfield and signed on loan for us in L1 that summer.

If his pay is protected either way, he might have a choice between zero football and lots of football.

Missed that, what did KR say about Browne? Browne liked a tweet about how well Robbo has managed him so doubt he'd not want to come back.
Someone said that KR criticises Browne after the final when normally KR doesn’t single out individuals.

He hasn’t been in the match day squad for the last few games and maybe F
Cardiff want him gone but then again he maybe injured.

I think my point was more to do with Brownes ability to play well in a number of positions. You get more value for money from an adaptable player like that. Granted, he can throw and strop and seem disinterested at times but do we REALLY want to blow all of that money on Grigg? He isn't exactly a flair player or even a creative playmaker like Henry. It just seems a bit wild to me. He hasn't exactly been banging them in, has he?
It’s a difficult one and one we won’t know until the transfer takes place, these threads are pretty speculative as it is.....have we signed anyone yet?
?

That is an opinion and you're entitled to it. But he either is or isn't a big time Charlie, there is no option to be had there because based on evidence he either is or isn't. You have no way of gauging this other than watching him in a few games recently (also I like how you're omitting his solo goal in the first leg, how convenient). You have no idea what he's like as a person, you have no idea what he's like on the training field, you have no idea what he's like in the team gym. We've seen plenty of players leave the club, if Browne is as disinterested as you're saying, when why the hell would KR want him back?
It felt to me like that once he had scored in that first leg it was almost like he felt he had done his bit, dropped off and didn't really ever step up again in the next two and a half games.

Back
Top Bottom