Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I thought you must have got this wrong but you are correct. Lundstram only on £4k a week no wonder he wants to get a move!

Wow, that's some bad contract negotiations from his agent then - whatever happened to performance related pay. He's on less than a lot of L1 players..........

I think he can sign non-contract forms for a short period. Then be a free agent again. As far as I can tell he is just helping them out.
Ah...makes sense, but guessing he player needs to be registered with the FA as eligible to play for that club in any competitive game...and then if he were to sign for us (say) his registration would then be moved to us.

Robinson speaking about a player who was in last week, who is local and an Oxford fan who can play in a couple of positions. Guess that pretty much confirms that it'll be Jordan Obita, but still waiting for medical and terms agreed by the looks of it.

Robinson speaking about a player who was in last week, who is local and an Oxford fan who can play in a couple of positions. Guess that pretty much confirms that it'll be Jordan Obita, but still waiting for medical and terms agreed by the looks of it.
Quite possibly... though “an oxford fan” is an exaggeration at best; more likely just saying what the fans want to hear.

Don’t think Jordan Obita is an Oxford fan. Could it be Garath Mccleary not that we need him

So no announcement today, must have meant tomorrow being tomorrow

Jordan would be more than welcome... though this wasn’t very nice. Glad we proved him wrong a few months later
It’s pretty widely documented that the guy is far from an Oxford fan despite being from the area, but as you say if he signs nobody should really give a damn. Put the shirt on and play well and that’s kind of the end of it. Would be funny to see him paraded as a hometown hero, mind.

There is one thing that could move the needle in terms of freeing up an extra squad space, so that there is room for two new players instead of one. You can’t de-register a player currently included in the quota, but if someone were to retire... perhaps that’s a different situation.

It’s pretty widely documented that the guy is far from an Oxford fan despite being from the area, but as you say if he signs nobody should really give a damn. Put the shirt on and play well and that’s kind of the end of it. Would be funny to see him paraded as a hometown hero, mind.

There is one thing that could move the needle in terms of freeing up an extra squad space, so that there is room for two new players instead of one. You can’t de-register a player currently included in the quota, but if someone were to retire... perhaps that’s a different situation.
I would worry if Obita is signed and he’s slated Us as has been documented, I know he’s a professional and all that maybe just maybe he won’t be fully committed.

I would worry if Obita is signed and he’s slated Us as has been documented, I know he’s a professional and all that maybe just maybe he won’t be fully committed.
Matty Taylor walked away following the handshake with MApp, but he is "one of our own". I don't care if he had Matt Murphy posters on his wall as a kid as long as he plays well.

Listening to the interview with KR on iFollow, the player in question has been at the club for over a week, has trained with the team and is being looked at by the medical staff. He has a house within distance of the lights from Grenoble Road. He is an OUFC "fan". He can play in different positions.
That would indicate, probably, Jordan Obita, we shall see.

To be fair that Swindon fan we had playing for us a few years ago did alright... forget his name... dandy was it? No, asterix? Beano?

Listening to the interview with KR on iFollow, the player in question has been at the club for over a week, has trained with the team and is being looked at by the medical staff. He has a house within distance of the lights from Grenoble Road. He is an OUFC "fan". He can play in different positions.
I’d have thought McCleary but can’t see why we’d sign either McCleary or Obita before a central defender. Heneghan would be far more sensible.

Frustrating thing out of all of this is we had a chance to get a few names off the 22 man squad instead of just 1 in Osei but KR chose not to do so (Hall Hanson Mousinho) ? both Heneghan & Obita would of been improvements but please not McCleary or Anya

"He has a house within distance of the lights from Grenoble Road."

Christ, talk about trying to romanticise the signing!

Matty Taylor walked away following the handshake with MApp, but he is "one of our own". I don't care if he had Matt Murphy posters on his wall as a kid as long as he plays well.
Let’s hope so that’s don’t is Obita, ( have to keep spell checking Obita it keeps changing to Obika, by the way have you heard anything?

Back
Top Bottom