Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

In January we were pushing to the wire for Will Grigg, Stephen O'Donnell and a couple of youngsters. They didn't go through but it wasn't through lack of trying.

I suspect a couple of deals will be done tomorrow, but a young rb will not be one of them!
We need a Lb LW and a CB if we come up with those and those whom are known and not a Buckley Rickets type of player then it could be good, but having said that the season could well be over soon

He just seems to have recruited an army, although with age, under 21 he can have as many as he wants within reason, unless there is a limit.
Lincoln have 6 loan players of which 5 are 20 or under. In fact I think that their entire squad only has about 10 players (maybe not even) who were over 21 at the start of 2020. They’ve got loads of room on that front - probably planning for the next 2/3 seasons as players get older.

Will be interesting to see how Lincoln do as (if) the season progresses. Not a huge amount of experience in there, but if they’ve got good characters who are determined and have the right mentality (Appleton certainly gave us that in spades as well as technically good footballers), they could be in for a good season. What MA certainly showed in his second and third seasons here, once he had managed to clear out the dead wood and get his feet under the table, is that he understood how important it was to have strong characters who would slap each other about a bit, as well as be able to play the game. They certainly pulled our pants down on the opening day, to be fair to him / them.

At least after tomorrow this damned thread can be locked!

In January we were pushing to the wire for Will Grigg, Stephen O'Donnell and a couple of youngsters. They didn't go through but it wasn't through lack of trying.

I suspect a couple of deals will be done tomorrow, but a young rb will not be one of them!
You do realise that if we don't sign anyone it will be because we never had any intention to? There are people clearly more informed than you that are fully aware that our ambitions were to never sign anyone.
And anyway most teams will make better signings than us anyway. If this season finishes I think there are 7 or 8 clubs that will get promoted because they're so good. We'll probably be the only team to get relegated though.

I do love the way people use "facts" to further what ever view they have.

MApp brings in a player on a free that may go for a fortune? Great. Robinson brings in Fosu and turn around a £3/4m profit in 6 months proves we're a selling club with no ambition. Add in Whyte for £2+m profit, or Gorrin who was getting championship interest and it only reinforces the negative.

MApp brings in a large number of young loanees? Great. Robinson does the same and it's shortsighted with players with no future at our club, and of course you never win anything with kids!

I do love the way people use "facts" to further what ever view they have.

MApp brings in a player on a free that may go for a fortune? Great. Robinson brings in Fosu and turn around a £3/4m profit in 6 months proves we're a selling club with no ambition. Add in Whyte for £2+m profit, or Gorrin who was getting championship interest and it only reinforces the negative.

MApp brings in a large number of young loanees? Great. Robinson does the same and it's shortsighted with players with no future at our club, and of course you never win anything with kids!
Certainly not criticising last years dealings, Robbo made some excellent signings. Im not convinced he has this year but we'll see at 5pm tomorrow.

Lincoln have 6 loan players of which 5 are 20 or under. In fact I think that their entire squad only has about 10 players (maybe not even) who were over 21 at the start of 2020. They’ve got loads of room on that front - probably planning for the next 2/3 seasons as players get older.

Will be interesting to see how Lincoln do as (if) the season progresses. Not a huge amount of experience in there, but if they’ve got good characters who are determined and have the right mentality (Appleton certainly gave us that in spades as well as technically good footballers), they could be in for a good season. What MA certainly showed in his second and third seasons here, once he had managed to clear out the dead wood and get his feet under the table, is that he understood how important it was to have strong characters who would slap each other about a bit, as well as be able to play the game. They certainly pulled our pants down on the opening day, to be fair to him / them.

At least after tomorrow this damned thread can be locked!

Hopefully by locking time, we've shown the same positive recruitment nous that MAPP has and have a squad equally as capable as Lincoln's is showing itself to be, and kr has not shyed away from the needs of the squad that he was so clear about around a week ago, in a waffled interview blaming the squad size restrictions, wage cap etc, that all clubs have had to deal with.

What, and invest in areas of the team where we need cover or experience, as other clubs seem to have? Search me.
We have Sean Clare, Sam Long, Anthony Forde and, at a push, Jamie Hanson at right back, with about 8000 midfielders, so where do we need cover?

And does a 20 year old with 1 senior game under his belt offer experience?

So what's the reason for pursuing Robbie Gotts? Search me!!!

What, and invest in areas of the team where we need cover or experience, as other clubs seem to have? Search me.
You're advocating spending decent wages on relatively untried players? What would be the reaction if it doesn't work out I wonder, which at that age is more likely than someone with a little more experience I would have thought.

Back
Top Bottom