Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I remember similar about Danny Hylton not being good enough at the start of his time for us...
Yes there was a bit of that and we all loved Danny and many including me were sad to see him go.
But he was already a decent proven L2 striker when he came, we were not trying to turn him into one. But now we are trying to turn a lad who came through as a winger into a RB on the job who has little or no experience in L1. He may turn out to be ok but its a big gamble.

Yes there was a bit of that and we all loved Danny and many including me were sad to see him go.
But he was already a decent proven L2 striker when he came, we were not trying to turn him into one. But now we are trying to turn a lad who came through as a winger into a RB on the job who has little or no experience in L1. He may turn out to be ok but its a big gamble.

Yes I agree it is a gamble but writing him off after a few games however is ridiculous. Plenty of very good right-backs started as a right midfielder (Chris Cadden was one I think) so it appears a reasonable gamble but obviously will take time if it is going to be a success.

• React
Reactions: m
The problem is that while he 'learns on the job' (in League 1) we have a huge problem down the right hand side of our defence. I'm sure it's not good for us and not sure it's helping the player either! I suppose it depends on how the next few games pan out, but if we get to the end of October and we are still being exploited down that side I think there is a decision to be made, rather than just persevering in the hope that it works out OK in the end.
FWIW I think as a right sided attacking midfielder, he was a good signing!

The problem is that while he 'learns on the job' (in League 1) we have a huge problem down the right hand side of our defence. I'm sure it's not good for us and not sure it's helping the player either! I suppose it depends on how the next few games pan out, but if we get to the end of October and we are still being exploited down that side I think there is a decision to be made, rather than just persevering in the hope that it works out OK in the end.

But that is our model so it will happen with him and others. Hopefully he settles quickly and a consistent selection in defence helps.

Yes. I would say he would make a very good right winger at this level. And lets be honest, thats what he is. I actually feel a bit sorry for the lad. I noticed at least two of our players were having a real go at him after the third goal went in. He just looked lost, that won't do him any good!!

If the CB doesn't come in then that is poor judgement, to have Moore, a young lad straight out of non league still learning, a part time player in Mous. Three players to fill 2 positions. jones is simply not good enough and couldn't get a non league club to take him.
There's a real irony that we've gone from having the best two CB's in the league in harness a couple of seasons ago in Dickie and Curtis, to the situation we will face if an experienced CB doesn't come in. I can't believe though that KR is that blinkered as not to see what's in front of him here, and the problems we could have when winter brings the annual crop of usual injuries.

Slightly revision of history going on there. No one felt Dickie was one of the best CB’s in L1 whilst he was playing alongside Nelson. It wasn’t until Nelson moved on that Dickie shifted to the right and really kicked on

Bad news.

Being reported by Boro outlets that Marcus Browne to Oxford could be off due to an injury to Ashley Fletcher.

I think Atkinson and Moore as a pairing could come good - but will take a while (and by that time it could have cost us big time).

Moore looked better last year alongside Dickie, because Dickie had developed into a leader at CB... if Moore could do the same this season, I think Atkinson's game would be equally lifted.

Is it me.
People keep claiming we need to sign full backs. WHY?
Last week I saw 2 players
Lofthouse and Elechi
Both probably better going forward than the incumbents
Both athletic
Tall and Stronger
Defensively naive at worst
Sorry its time we trust in such and play them
I really believe these 2 could be future stars
Tell me why not recognising our pockets are not deep but also this league is not that strong

Is it me.
People keep claiming we need to sign full backs. WHY?
Last week I saw 2 players
Lofthouse and Elechi
Both probably better going forward than the incumbents
Both athletic
Tall and Stronger
Defensively naive at worst
Sorry its time we trust in such and play them
I really believe these 2 could be future stars
Tell me why not recognising our pockets are not deep but also this league is not that strong
Its not full backs that are only good at going forward that we need, as Clare can do that, and our other attacking options are fine. What we need at present is full backs that can actually defend properly and robustly.

Back
Top Bottom