Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we sign every target we're after, leaving it this late means they have no time to gel or work together. We might even go against Sunderland with a centre back pairing who have never played together. And that's only assuming we actually land these targets, from Robinsons comments it sounds like one is close, but the other three might not even happen! This is far from ideal.
I've said this to people I know. Even if we land the players we want now, there's no time to prep for the season properly. August threatens to be very uncomfortable!

Panic setting in once again I see.

I said I think we might sign someone today, as it’s nice to be positive and optimistic.

Let’s just be a little more patient, and see what happens. Plenty of time before panic should set in.

When does plenty of time run out?

I'm back to feeling sorry for Robbo now. No defence, no attack and poncing about with a unnecessary midfielder all last week.

Is he really doing everything himself?

I've said this to people I know. Even if we land the players we want now, there's no time to prep for the season properly. August threatens to be very uncomfortable!
Yes - but look at the amount of business being done elsewhere (Peterborough aside), it's a fairly similar story and more representative of the way transfers occur these days. How many players have Sunderland signed? I honestly don't know the answer to that and so might be about to get an education......

I'm back to feeling sorry for Robbo now. No defence, no attack and poncing about with a unnecessary midfielder all last week.

Is he really doing everything himself?
You do have to feel sorry for him; he’s obviously worked hard but he knows, like we do, it’s a mess.

Has anyone else got a feeling of Deja vu.
It certainly feels like it.
I think KR is living in hope rather than certainty over his targets. Has he spent too long over certain players? If we get 'No's' from the three he's targeting there won't be much left that's worth having. We'll then sign players in desperation, much like Hanson was or rely on young loanee's. I really hope they all sign to shut us all up. But KR isn't really talking it up!!

Yes - but look at the amount of business being done elsewhere (Peterborough aside), it's a fairly similar story and more representative of the way transfers occur these days. How many players have Sunderland signed? I honestly don't know the answer to that and so might be about to get an education......
Oh I agree, on the whole it appears to be fairly quiet elsewhere. The main worry for me is that the positions we need to fill are absolutely critical areas. To not have one fit striker available surely has to be a concern to everyone of us.

Especially given that the club management knew that Nelson was leaving bloody ages ago, and we were using loan players (who we may or - very much - may not have been able to tempt permanently) as the striker option for much of last season. It's not as if either situation has suddenly arisen. Where is the forward planning? Apart from fitness, it's a largely a waste of a preseason to be fielding scratch teams bulked out with kids who (as Robinson said weeks ago) are not going to be able to step up. Is today really the first time the players are working on shape, tactics and dead ball situations (again as KR said after Saturday)? With two matches left of preseason, one of them tomorrow, and still an incomplete team (never mind squad!)? It's baffling.

Looks like Ched Evans is off to Portsmouth - so that will at least stop all the ranting on here!

KR was attending an international youth tourney earlier this summer as well as taking in games abroad in the previous window. I think Kashi on loan (a player KR already worked with!) has been the only fruit of this labour?

I value KR's endeavors but clearly the guy is once again desperately thrashing around in the fog with no support from the club. In fact, have we even replaced his former #2 Derry?

I wonder if Todd Kane might be worth looking at?

Good age, and unless I'm mistaken, isn't contracted to anyone.

Surely worth a look, although even if he was interested, wages might be a sticking point

For me it all worked way better when Mark Ashton was here. It makes sense to have someone delegated and solely in this role?

I'm a freelance photographer. And when the shoot requires it, and producers are involved, my life is 100% easier.

KR for me, should be just focusing on the team, and talking/listening with someone employed as head of recruitment, like Ashton was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom