Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope that he does just that.
Last summers transfer build up and Pre-season was a shitty mess,
with us ending up touring Ireland with barely enough players to play out the organised matches. snatched panic buys and loans at the end of the window was not great either.
Let’s hope he gets in a few quality players as we are close to a very good side now.

We're certainly in a much better position now than we were at the end of pre season last summer.

Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly like some new signings soon, but we can call up some U18s that are good enough to take into the friendly matches. I think we have a functioning squad even having lost the loans.

Having seen the other teams in this division starting to make first team signings, I hope we can announce at least a couple of new guys before the end of June.

We're certainly in a much better position now than we were at the end of pre season last summer.

Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly like some new signings soon, but we can call up some U18s that are good enough to take into the friendly matches. I think we have a functioning squad even having lost the loans.

Having seen the other teams in this division starting to make first team signings, I hope we can announce at least a couple of new guys before the end of June.

Following January we look to be returning to some sensible, logical recruitment.

Despite our hideous league position for so long, we were actually performing well above our table position and have a decent squad core....if we can keep players such as Whyte and Brannagan whilst adding to them we look in good shape for next season

Not talking as much is a good policy, unless of course there is not a lot happening atm. Not many clubs have brought in players currently, but I believed he wanted to bring in players early again. With a few weeks before pre-season, lets hope and pray it doesn't end up panning out like last summer.

He makes me laugh though, read an article recently about his transfer strategy and him keeping things under wraps this time. Then he goes on to say "as soon as a club know you are interested in one of their players they then hold all the cards" :) - not the best idea to let them know how YOU think and are they ever now going to accept your first offer? :) Still playing his cards face up :)

He makes me laugh though, read an article recently about his transfer strategy and him keeping things under wraps this time. Then he goes on to say "as soon as a club know you are interested in one of their players they then hold all the cards" :) - not the best idea to let them know how YOU think and are they ever now going to accept your first offer? :) Still playing his cards face up :)
To be fair, I think he's just stating the obvious!!

The whole Robinson quote was intriguing I thought. I wonder what he meant about there being no need to ‘ruffle feathers’ and ‘rattle cages’ this summer?

The whole Robinson quote was intriguing I thought. I wonder what he meant about there being no need to ‘ruffle feathers’ and ‘rattle cages’ this summer?
Nothing. It was just the first thing that came into his head. Personally I think he is ADHD and just can't help himself - came good though last year and doubtless will drain Ireland of every last bit of talent this summer

He makes me laugh though, read an article recently about his transfer strategy and him keeping things under wraps this time. Then he goes on to say "as soon as a club know you are interested in one of their players they then hold all the cards" :)

TBF, they have to find out sooner or later.

Peterborough have just broken their transfer record to sign Mo Eisa from Bristol City.
It was previously £1.25m for Britt Assombalonga.
Very ballsy from them handful of sub appearances in a year and never started a game above league 2. Had expensive flop written all over it.

Ben Reeves is the rumour at the moment I’ve heard with him playing for Robbo at MK & Charlton

don’t think we really need another right wide player with Whyte & Hall our main 2

Ben Reeves is the rumour at the moment I’ve heard with him playing for Robbo at MK & Charlton

don’t think we really need another right wide player with Whyte & Hall our main 2

Hall can play on both sides though can't he? I mean he's naturally left-footed. And judging by his contract, I think Hall will be more of a luxury player anyway, and shouldn't be relied upon as an essential part of the squad.

Hall can play on both sides though can't he? I mean he's naturally left-footed. And judging by his contract, I think Hall will be more of a luxury player anyway, and shouldn't be relied upon as an essential part of the squad.
Yes Reeves is left footed and actually was a left back when he started out. Moved forward at MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom