Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow although I really hope we sign Taylor, if we don’t then I have every faith our recruitment team will deliver the goods, even more so than with Eales and Mapp, think we have a fantastic set up now.

I don’t think Taylor signing for us was ever on the cards and never will be. His ‘appearance’ in the tunnel has now been explained and I’m sure Robinson and Taylor are having a good chuckle at the speculation it’s all caused on this forum. I hope realistic targets are being pursued and can be concluded in due course. The Matty Taylor story should’ve run its course several years ago when he chose to sign for Bristol
Rovers, it’s all getting a bit boring now.

That’s my feelings in the subject. I’ll eat humble pie if things prove otherwise, but this whole saga seems to be too public, messy and convoluted to be taken seriously

I don’t think Taylor signing for us was ever on the cards and never will be. His ‘appearance’ in the tunnel has now been explained and I’m sure Robinson and Taylor are having a good chuckle at the speculation it’s all caused on this forum. I hope realistic targets are being pursued and can be concluded in due course. The Matty Taylor story should’ve run its course several years ago when he chose to sign for Bristol
Rovers, it’s all getting a bit boring now.

That’s my feelings in the subject. I’ll eat humble pie if things prove otherwise, but this whole saga seems to be too public, messy and convoluted to be taken seriously

Tbf it’s a small world and he’s a local lad so there must be an element of truth in it

Playing havoc with your nerves? How do you think Bazzer must be feeling? He's been waiting for a 20-goal a season striker since Beano was culled.
I’m ok thanks for enquiring Harrington, but yes this Taylor business is getting a tad concerning on one hand he is at the kastad with his girlfriend whose brothers son is a mascot but normally only the Guardian/parent can accompany the mascot and yes he could have been the guardian, on the other he was there to chat with KR but looked uncomfortable at being caught on camera when he is chatting in private about a potential move, but who knows, maybe someone on here knows, there’s always speculation on here.

It’s been all quiet in the western front so far this week guys and gals.

I know the club remain keen on George Thorne at Derby too.

As far as I’m aware, all three deals are very realistic targets.
3?
Taylor, Thorne and who’s the third

Just been told that Matty Taylor wont be coming to Oxford any time soon, he said that he was set up when they took the picture of him in the tunnel at the weekend and Bristol may fine him or have already fined him for being at our game. He was meant to go to Charlton on a permanent deal but the Bristol City manager f*cked it up for him so he's back to square one. Taylor and Johnson had an argument last week and he was told to take 4 days off. He is open to coming here but there are a few teams that would be in for him

• React
Reactions: Ian
Just been told that Matty Taylor wont be coming to Oxford any time soon, he said that he was set up when they took the picture of him in the tunnel at the weekend and Bristol may fine him or have already fined him for being at our game. He was meant to go to Charlton on a permanent deal but the Bristol City manager f*cked it up for him so he's back to square one. Taylor and Johnson had an argument last week and he was told to take 4 days off. He is open to coming here but there are a few teams that would be in for him
So can someone please explain why there are multiple (credible) media sources reporting his move to us? It cant all be a figment of the forums imagination?

I know how this kind of situation usually works and so far, KR's communication with the press leads me to believe that this is very much a case of 'under promise, over deliver' - Why do we need to publicly state an interest in anyone? We dont. There is no need.

Remember the fans forum when KR laughed off signing Moore and Agyei and said "wouldnt it be great if we signed them?" - It is of no benefit to the club to openly declare we are in for a player....I work in an indusry where telling your competitors your next moves would be sales suicide. Same applies here. This is a ruthless business. I would not allow my competitors, even the slightest of sniff.

There is no smoke without fire but we, as a club, have to behave ourselves, when speaking publicly...

KR did that this evening.

Also, told by who?

Last edited:
Spoke to someone Tuesday night who told me about Bristol being pissed and NMcW having to apologise to Ashton. No reason to disbelieve this. Also Matty Taylor was in the tunnel at the same time the mascots and sponsors were kicking around. This would provide an explanation as to why he was there at that time.

So hardly the land of make believe!!

Did Gavin Whyte tell you that?

So can someone please explain why there are multiple (credible) media sources reporting his move to us? It cant all be a figment of the forums imagination?

I know how this kind of situation usually works and so far, KR's communication with the press leads me to believe that this is very much a case of 'under promise, over deliver' - Why do we need to publicly state an interest in anyone? We dont. There is no need.

Remember the fans forum when KR laughed off signing Moore and Agyei and said "wouldnt it be great if we signed them?" - It is of no benefit to the club to openly declare we are in for a player....I work in an indusry where telling your competitors your next moves would be sales suicide. Same applies here. This is a ruthless business. I would not allow my competitors, even the slightest of a sniff.

There is no smoke without fire but we, as a club, have to behave ourselves, when speaking publicly...

KR did that this evening.

Also, told by who?

Was told this about 2 hours ago by his cousin. I posted last weekend that he is looking to move back to Oxfordshire but he said nothing to them about signing for us.

Was told this about 2 hours ago by his cousin. I posted last weekend that he is looking to move back to Oxfordshire but he said nothing to them about signing for us.
His cousin doesnt pay his wages or employ him though, does he? As much as that may sound concrete to some, to me, thats just another voice in the crowd.

No disrespect intended but ill stick to the thoughts and opinions of those who are connected, directly, to the club.

So the move has been strongly denied by Robbo, Taylors family, and Bristol City, but we still convince ourselves its happening? Hmmm.

• React
Reactions: Ian
His cousin doesnt pay his wages or employ him though, does he? As much as that may sound concrete to some, to me, thats just another voice in the crowd.

No disrespect intended but ill stick to the thoughts and opinions of those who are connected, directly, to the club.etty

But his cousin probably talks to him and can find out what’s going on from the most important person in this situation, the man himself. Not certain why people connected directly to the club would be better informed than the actual player who would be making the move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom