Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty Taylor's contract is up end of the season so Loan to perm is very possible or we could simply offer him a contract for free in January to sign in summer,

Matt Taylor can jog on as far as I'm concerned, he was disrespectful to the club before. And from a local lad too.

I don't think it's quite that clear cut. Let's not forget it was us who rejected him first when he was a youngster. The only loyalty players have these days is to whoever pays their wages, which in such a tribalist industry such as this can be seen as a whole manner of negative things, but at the end of the day it is just his job. He was doing what he saw as the best for his career, and you can't say it hasn't worked out for him.

Make no mistake - we get Taylor in and we have got a serious League 1 squad, with genuine depth and quality in every position and that coveted mix of hungry youngsters and experienced veterans. Would be an unbelievable signing.
Agreed. Would be absolutely perfect. MCCleary too and we are above Peterborough for fire power.

Come on Tiger, get this one over the line!

Two local players who both stayed overnight in Ox as numerous members of the squad had a night out and also stayed over (In Ox) have said on Twitter 1 if not both will sign..

Although Taylor make take a little longer as he’s a greedy w****r

Two local players who both stayed overnight in Ox as numerous members of the squad had a night out and also stayed over (In Ox) have said on Twitter 1 if not both will sign..

I heard that the question is how much of Taylor's wages we contribute as he will be loaned by Bristol City

Agreed. Would be absolutely perfect. MCCleary too and we are above Peterborough for fire power.

Come on Tiger, get this one over the line!

I know what you are trying to say, but as Peterborough failed to score yesterday I’d like to set the bar a little higher.

Fancy turning us down for a better deal at a club where hes a legend. The absolute rotter!

They are both loans aren't they? so surely it's a case of wage contribution?

Is Matty Taylor considered a done deal which is just waiting for confirmation, then?

Sorry, but that's simply not true. The deal for Ben Woodburn was set up months ago but only concluded once he had returned from the Liverpool pre-season. Elliott Moore was also in place before the Whyte deal came about, and was himself a replacement for Findlay who was over valued. Funds were always in place for these deals and the others that followed.

What did happen is that more players became available towards the end of the closed season and we started getting the quality we were looking for. We offered Marcus Browne a massive deal before Whyte went. Matched bids for Sinclair before he went to the Netherlands. Had competitive offers in for Ched Evans and others. Money has not been a problem.

Yeah I think it was just a coincidence the signings came when they did. We definitely had money on the table for players.

In our team, the 20 goal striker you've been striving for Baz. :)
Not sure about that but will score and as someone else said on here if he comes on formMackie at least the shithousery will still be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom