Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The transfer window can only be judged by those that we recruit and those that we keep".

True. But surely that final judgement can only take place once the window is shut?
Actually I think it can be judged after the first few games. As the season starts before the window shuts the damage to our start can have already been done, and this will determine how successful a window it has been.

I wouldn’t bother OxfordYankee. This forum is getting a tad aggressive towards anybody who even questions whether this transfer window has so far been anything less than perfect. Even when KR himself has echoed those frustrations during interviews. I’m still confident we’ll make signings - probably left field ones that nobody has even mentioned! Hopefully the majority will be permanent ones and not loans. But that’s all Im going to say on the subject, maybe it’s best if we all take a deep breath, remember we all support the same club, and see what transpires. It’s the cricket World Cup Final on Sunday - on free to view tv! That, for one thing, is a welcome distraction for me ?
I would say that the aggression has actually worked both ways tbh - but what do I know :p

By all accounts Cadden has signed on loan then. But a delayed announcement?
They appeared to do this for Fosu too. For whatever reason the club are controlling news flows this season.

Karl Robinson hopeful of a signing by the weekend. On other developments: “It’s been quite an interesting 48 hours, phone calls I didn’t quite expect to occur. We’ve acted on them quickly & we’ll see. But there’s a lot of work to be done & a lot of convincing to be done as well”

Hmmmm not too sure what to make of this.
“hopeful signing by the weekend”, yawn! The way things are going I would not be at all surprised if nothing happens by the weekend. But fingers, legs, arms and even nuts crossed.

“Phone calls I didn’t quite expect to occur. We’ve acted on them quickly & we’ll see. But there’s a lot of work to be done & a lot of convincing to be done as well”

I’m worried by this.
Is that clubs coming in for players RK didn’t expect?
Or players touted to us
Or Tiger saying here’s a massive pot of cash

I have been reading all the comments on here for several weeks and find the differing views very interesting. Some on here seem to think that we are a bigger club than I think we actually are and that players should be jumping through hoops to come here. To me, footballers are no different to any other employee. They will all be looking to do what is best for them and their families which means looking at the overall package on offer (just as I would when looking for a new job) including wages, length of contract, prospects for advancement, living costs, travelling distances, schools etc. The list is endless. To quote an example from earlier regarding Joel Grant going to Lincoln instead of us. Maybe we are a bigger club on paper with larger crowds, stadium etc but obviously there was something about Lincoln that suited him and his family better than Oxford. We will get the players in we need and those that do come will come because they want to, like Fosu as he had other options but still signed.

Yes, I think we are aiming too high . It’s good to have ambition but we do need a couple of solid experienced additions very soon. If ambitious bids for further players come off too then great, but they shouldn’t be our only focus

It’s better to have a player who may not be heading for the premiership but really wants to play for you and will put it all on the line every week. Than a big time Charlie who is thinking about his contract at mega club 1 every time he goes in for a tackle or is asked to play through a niggle on a cold Feb night in Burton.

Looks like Cadden was at the game tonight. Maybe he was looking to see his old team mate play? ?‍♂️

Looks like? Or was at the game. Can anyone confirm?
Edit, Twitter pic didn’t load on my phone! Seen it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom