Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure @melllowyellow will be along shortly to thank you for your insightful contribution ?

IMVHO this sort of article is better than radio silence. Confirms we are looking for permanent signings in key positions. I assume these are strikers because that’s what it says in the headline, although not specifically mentioned in the article.

Again the thinking if a genius mastermind!?

Magennis would be a brilliant signing if we could get him on a permanent deal.

Strong hold up play,. Good in the air and knows where the goal is at this level.

He and another young premiership loan up front like Sam Surridge would give us decent options in attack with Mackie and the other pacey forwards we have.

He's not that prolific, 7 goals in all comps for Bolton last season, 20 in all comps for Charlton the two seasons before. But if can hold it up for Whyte, Sykes, Henry etc. it might be an option. (If he liked working with KR that is.)

He's not that prolific, 7 goals in all comps for Bolton last season, 20 in all comps for Charlton the two seasons before. But if can hold it up for Whyte, Sykes, Henry etc. it might be an option. (If he liked working with KR that is.)

Yeah, I'm not fussed about having a striker who has a decent goal record at all. We need someone to play as a target man to bring others into play. We are so reliant on idividual quality in that three behind that the team just won't work unless the front man is the one bringing it all together. By all means get a young speedster on loan as an option off the bench, but someone like Magennis or Oli Hawkins from Pompey would be far more in line with what we need.

I don’t think KR was a huge fan I’m sure he was asked about him during a phone in and he quickly ruled out a move for him.

I wonder if we might be signing Liam Kelly, who is due to leave Reading. Career has stalled a bit but was highly rated back in Tiger’s day and we have seen what’s happened with Dickie, Fosu etc

Signed for Feyenoord

I'm starting to think something is fundamentally wrong with our recruitment process. Wether it be the MD, Robinson or available funds the issues from last season obviously weren't addressed and we're heading into the new season with a weaker squad, especially defensively (if you can imagine that) than last season.

3 weeks to go...

I'm starting to think something is fundamentally wrong with our recruitment process. Wether it be the MD, Robinson or available funds the issues from last season obviously weren't addressed and we're heading into the new season with a weaker squad, especially defensively (if you can imagine that) than last season.

3 weeks to go...

Nothing is fundamentally wrong with our recruitment process.

We have a much stronger squad than at this stage last season.

4 weeks to go!!!

3 weeks to go...

The recruitment process that got players such as Mackie, Garbutt, Sinclair, Graham, Whyte, Sykes, Fosu, and Gorrin into the club? I'd say 8 good signings is a pretty good return for a club with such a poor recruitment team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom