Local News Traffic Filters in Oxford

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
The "consultation" for 6 traffic filters starts in Sept.

Notice how the north of the City does not have any of these, or LTN's!

county council traffic dept dont take any notice of public consultations, as we already know via LTN's they do exactly what they want in the city irrespective of voters genuine opposition

"Consultation" the new job creation word.

They have already decided, ordered the stuff, planned the works and it will happen.

Complete and utter public sector waste. :)

Having read through the briefing document, the whole driving force is to increase the sales of vans, as you can drive through the bus gates,, I am glad that I now longer work as my journey home back from the city centre would now mean driving up the Banbury road to the roundabout,up to headington,a longer journey which could increase emissions, as more traffic will be waiting at traffic lights, utter madness

Having read through the briefing document, the whole driving force is to increase the sales of vans, as you can drive through the bus gates,, I am glad that I now longer work as my journey home back from the city centre would now mean driving up the Banbury road to the roundabout,up to headington,a longer journey which could increase emissions, as more traffic will be waiting at traffic lights, utter madness
Sadly, all likely .....not that the county council traffic dept give a flying f**k

You have to admire the way they present it as ‘consultation’ when we all know that it really isn’t. Consultation implies that there is some kind of negotiation involved with the public when in actual fact they mean to steamroller it through whatever.
To get to this point, the County Council have already spent a considerable amount of money, they are hardly likely to let the great unwashed derail their plans even if it is us who will pay for it.

So if the whole idea is to stop flow of traffic to the city centre,and divide the rest of the city in to zones using the ring road as the way to get in to these zones, I want a reduc ion in my council tax ,why should my money spent on areas to which my access is reduced, I want a new football stadium and shopping centre in my zone, wait a minute yes let's United use quarry rec again

Is there anyone in Oxford actually in favour of this? I left 5 years ago but still have plenty of family and friends there and now one person is in the pro camp, seems a very strange idea to me.

Glad I no longer live there now. But if I did I would make work of ensuring that LTN's vanish overnight and bus gates cease to work.
Putin is super bad but OCC are heading the same way 🤬

You have to admire the way they present it as ‘consultation’ when we all know that it really isn’t. Consultation implies that there is some kind of negotiation involved with the public when in actual fact they mean to steamroller it through whatever.
To get to this point, the County Council have already spent a considerable amount of money, they are hardly likely to let the great unwashed derail their plans even if it is us who will pay for it.
Sorry but consultation is not negotiation and never will be. Decision makers consult to ensure they have taken into account all facts, so they don't miss important detail that might render their proposal fatally flawed in some way. Whether they are able to join the dots following a consultation is another matter.

It will be interesting to see what the electorate make of it in 2024.

"Consultation" the new job creation word.

They have already decided, ordered the stuff, planned the works and it will happen.

Complete and utter public sector waste. :)
You offer hear of plans being dropped and that if often because consultation has thrown up previously not considered details that render the decision problematic or plain unworkable, so I'd say not.

But there again not all people are like you and can't change their minds. 😁

So have I read this wrongly or does it mean that you won't be able to drive to the Westgate car park?

Back
Top Bottom