Local News Oxford Mail and local events

bazzer9461

God like member
A bit late and as of yet not seen any comments.
In todays Oxford mail December 16 under the the first notification for Saturday is the fixture between Swindon and Walsall đŸ¤”carried on looking and there is no mention of League fixture Oxford utd v Wigan. Has the editor woke up thinking it’s April 1st or is he being stupid?

If we still lived in a world where the OM was the only source of local and OUFC related news, it might be important.

It's not, and the OM is increasingly irrelevant.

The OM has a Regional Group Editor who looks after the Swindon Advertiser, Oxford Mail, Wiltshire Times, Oxford Times, Banbury Cake, Bicester Advertiser, Witney Gazette and various business publications - and many more. He is based in Swindon.

I say has - Newsquest list Pete Gavan as editor but he left in September......

Oxford Mail now seems mostly full of people who can barely copy/paste content from press releases/social media properly. It is very sad.

The people running it really don't seem to have a clue. Lets put a paywall on the Ox Mail content, but then have exactly the same content on the Banbury/Bicester/Witney sites without a paywall (and showing fewer ads than you get with paid access on the Mail site).

Last edited:
I see TVP posted a statement about an Oxford Mail article that they had asked to be changed, due to inaccurate info.

I think it was OM saying TVP refused to publicly name an alleged bent officer, but it was an external body who said not to name him!

Let me try and dig it out.

Back
Top Bottom