National News The Queen - D Day onwards

From the locked thread. Whether we are in an echo chamber of people with similar views?
Most of my Facebook friends are white English male football fans. I suspect most posters on here are the same.
I’ve seen many many tributes and perhaps that is where it can seem that the “vast majority” are in favour of a period of mourning and respect and if that includes postponing one weekend of football that is ok.

On other social media I follow a lot of musicians, artists, comedians, writers from the uk and around the world. 99% seem to be following the “if you’ve got nothing good to say, say nothing”. Almost as if they all had social media training on it. Look what’s happened to Trevor Sinclair. He’s made an Ill timed poorly thought out tweet and been piled onto in today’s “cancel culture”.

It’s mainly people who don’t care what people think of them, or aren’t high profile who can afford to be critical right now. A bit like when Lennon said the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.
Trevor Sinclair was bang out of order, that really wasn’t a symptom of ‘cancel culture’. He realised it and did the right thing by deleting the tweet. Unfortunately he’s just another person who’s badly misjudged the mood of the nation. I can’t emphasise enough the mantra of ‘if you’ve got nothing good to say, say nothing’, unfortunately there are too many that feel the need to be outspoken or controversial.

This will give the NHS Mail servers a breather........................ they have paused all "non-essential comms". (y)

Going to be lots of folk wondering what to do - no "staff briefings", no "advertising events", no pish and rollox that most people delete without reading.

Should reduce mail traffic by about 60% !

This will give the NHS Mail servers a breather........................ they have paused all "non-essential comms". (y)

Going to be lots of folk wondering what to do - no "staff briefings", no "advertising events", no pish and rollox that most people delete without reading.

Should reduce mail traffic by about 60% !

Only 60%?!

Went to Buckingham Palace yesterday to pay my respects. Have to say it was chaos but everyone there seemed to be in a weird good spirited mood. Police were fantastic and the buzz was both sad and excited, an end to an era, and the beginning of a new one
Seems a contradiction at first glance for me being a royalist but the head of state for my lifetime appears to have managed every PM well, and the pomp gives us an identity other nations crave. The Queen was an amazing ambassador for brand UK and I have no doubt the king and the rest of the royal family will continue with this legacy. They add so much more that they take.
Long live the king.

There aren`t many (any?) of us that will have seen or known the full process for a Monarch`s funeral.

Its been emotional, humbling and a wonderful celebration of Her Majesty`s life of selfless service alongside all the pomp, tradition and pageantry that goes with it.

To see the silent majority on the streets is a thing of absolute beauty.

We live in a very, very unique time.

Feels more like a loud minority tbh, but it's nice people who do feel impacted are able to drink all this stuff in.

There aren`t many (any?) of us that will have seen or known the full process for a Monarch`s funeral.

Its been emotional, humbling and a wonderful celebration of Her Majesty`s life of selfless service alongside all the pomp, tradition and pageantry that goes with it.

To see the silent majority on the streets is a thing of absolute beauty.

We live in a very, very unique time.
Agreed, you get strange 2012 feeling that people are united again, if only for a brief moment. Up to 1m queueing for the coffin and many millions more who wish they could go.

If I hadn`t already been to a Monarch`s funeral I would be going, fortunately I have ticked that box already.

The stream of people in Edinburgh is a wonderful site with so many people taking part in history, a history that unites us rather than divides.

Monday will be a genuine once in a life time event.

Agreed. I took my boys because I feel that this is a big change in history. I’m hoping that this starts the healing post Brexit that we still need and that we all start trying to be more united and less partisan.

Agreed. I took my boys because I feel that this is a big change in history. I’m hoping that this starts the healing post Brexit that we still need and that we all start trying to be more united and less partisan.
Probably best to keep politics off this thread. ✌️👑

The queue route for those visiting the queen lying in state.

4 miles long. We are seeing so many surreal things, it’s hard to take it all in:

Attachments

• 49731B46-6965-4D33-B04C-60AE66A8E55F.jpeg
    49731B46-6965-4D33-B04C-60AE66A8E55F.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 17
  • React
Reactions: m
The queue route for those visiting the queen lying in state.

4 miles long. We are seeing so many surreal things, it’s hard to take it all in:

I mean, it's a lovely walk along the river there. I've done it many times as I used to live just a little further up the river. Never spent 12 hours doing it, mind.......

Back
Top Bottom