National News The Queen - D Day onwards

I think the bulk of your post is fair enough - but I've highlighted the word I disagree with. Because I don't remember a time when the British science, technology and innovation community was widely presented in the media as something great for the country to be proud of. Mostly stories get written either as a puff piece when some academic somewhere does some amusingly pointless research, or as a horror story of what will happen when science runs amok (and you know who's been one of the leading ignorant fearmongers behind some of those fear pieces? Yes, that's right - He's king now!).
Its just not very British to shout about anything that we do well, blimey, the only time I’ve seen anyone lauding the vaccine success was a sticker in the east stand toilets hailing Oxford as saving the world….
We’re good, very good at a lot of things which get reported, you just have to dig a little deeper sometimes to see them.

Its just not very British to shout about anything that we do well, blimey, the only time I’ve seen anyone lauding the vaccine success was a sticker in the east stand toilets hailing Oxford as saving the world….
We’re good, very good at a lot of things which get reported, you just have to dig a little deeper sometimes to see them.
"Its just not very British to shout about anything that we do well" - yes, we preferred to point guns at people and force them to buy things from us. :)

Back
Top Bottom