National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

I am fortunate enough to afford to buy nicer chicken/meat, but having shopped for some neighbours in the recent crisis, it's reiterated to me that some people don't necessarily get the choice that I do in the shops without losing out somewhere else.

The scaremongering over Chlorinated Chicken is a bit silly tho.
But there again you're not a chicken.... tho.

It was the EU that brought in labelling which showed country of origin.

This government will get rid of it.

It was the EU that adjusted their regulations from a simple "country of origin" to "country of primary origin".

Regulation 169/2011 opened the door to cheap imports into the EU, and subsequent products being moved around the member states, to their last point of processing, which can then be labelled as country of primary origin.

The EU softened the rules to make the country of origin "less important" than the EU primary origin label.

But there again you're not a chicken.... tho.
Granted, I am not, but regardless of that, Chlorinated Chicken is a Chlorinated Squirrel by now. There are considerable markets that the UK economy can have access to in the trade deal. There are pitfalls and issues to be constantly aware of, but it's no different to a trade deal with anyone.

Everything on the supermarket shelves is labeled nobody is making you buy it. If you can't read the label go back to school.

Everything on the supermarket shelves is labeled nobody is making you buy it. If you can't read the label go back to school.

That assumes the labelling is written in such a way that the origin of food is obvious when it often isn't or doesn't mention such origins. For example, if chlorinated US chicken or hormone feed Beef were to be used in ready meals, good luck on finding that info on a label. Also, the US have been pushing for origin labelling to removed as part of any deal.

More irony. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, read those labels.

Michael Gove says things 'could' be banned.
In other news pigs 'might' fly and the moon is 'suspected' to be made from cheese.

Is this 'gold standard' a higher or lower bar than 'world beating'?
You know, the quality of the track and trace app we are all using so successfully?

I'd imagine some British farmers will have to 'go back to school' in order to learn new skills when they are priced out of the market and their livelihoods disappear as inferior but cheaper inports flood in. It's all immaterial now as the damage is done.

More irony. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, read those labels.
It’s ironic, the 2016 article states that Tesco β€œ coming under fire β€œ for using fictional farm names for some 76 products and ranges.
The initiative in fact raised sales and margin and was/is a huge success.

I will raise you a Lying Bobo Doris ???

Anyway we'll soon find out if he's talking BS.
Yes @QR but David Lammy? A man that keeps talking crap, I think Keir Starmer would have been embarrassed with some of his rants on Question Time

Yes @QR but David Lammy? A man that keeps talking crap, I think Keir Starmer would have been embarrassed with some of his rants on Question Time

I suggest you listen to David Lammy on the The Political Party, a podcast by Matt Forde. He talks a lot of sense, especially about BLM and poor white men/youth being left behind.

It’s ironic, the 2016 article states that Tesco β€œ coming under fire β€œ for using fictional farm names for some 76 products and ranges.
The initiative in fact raised sales and margin and was/is a huge success.

Because people are either thick or don`t care.
They see a "farm name" that sounds like the rural dream and think, consciously or otherwise, that it is "local".
Turn the packet over and it`s probably imported across multiple countries and there will be the EU country of primary origin label...

Yes he does, try listening to it as it is only around an hour long.
Heard enough from him on Question time, he can come across quite bigoted sometimes, and I wonder what his views would have been during the riots in his constituency the one that was led by a complete oaf in Bernie Grant

Heard enough from him on Question time, he can come across quite bigoted sometimes, and I wonder what his views would have been during the riots in his constituency the one that was led by a complete oaf in Bernie Grant

Then the podcast might surprise you.

Back
Top Bottom