National News The Brexit Thread πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί

Something wrong with actually knowing who is here?

Any country in the world you need to fill in forms if you want to stay.

Fill in the form you automatically stay - most folk can work it out.

Hardly complex is it?

Ah, that'll be the much vaunted end of red tape and beurocracy then.

That was obviously never going to happen.… Not in the real world anyway.

Some people just a tad gullible though.

• React
Reactions: QR
I decided to download and catch up on Nick Ferrari’s show on the 5 year anniversary of Brexit.
Didn’t get a sausage. Anyone would think he’s avoiding the subject??

Or EE are going to invest in the UK economy? ;)

"EE said on Thursday that introducing the charges would "support investment into our UK based customer service and leading UK network".
I think you’re pissing into the wind trying to tout this as a victory I have to say πŸ˜‚

Its a plain and simple money grab from EE, let’s not pretend it’s anything else, and yes, Brexit facilitated it

With all that said, it’s hardly a game changer for the Brexit debate now is it

*Could have been posted under Covid or Brexit.

Elton's not holding back.

Asked why he thinks he has met such resistance, John said: β€œThe government are philistines. We’ve got used to governments – especially the British government – just telling us lies every day, and I don’t feel OK with that.

Elton John: Brexit negotiators 'screwed up' deal for British musicians
Read more

β€œLook what they did with the NHS. After all that those people did during Covid, they give them a 1% increase. I find that extraordinary. It makes me so angry. I’m 74 years of age and I just don’t get this unfairness and this ridiculous ability to lie through your teeth every f*****g minute of the day.”

I think you’re pissing into the wind trying to tout this as a victory I have to say πŸ˜‚

Its a plain and simple money grab from EE, let’s not pretend it’s anything else, and yes, Brexit facilitated it

Not a game changer but wholly WRONG.
I thought we had transferred all EU regulations onto our statute ?
If so surely this shouldn’t happen.
If not, the Government have a duty to legislate .

Last edited:
And for as long as people are accepting of it and say things like 'That is politics generally' so it will continue.
I wouldn't define it as "accepting it" but focusing on things which are more important.

I wouldn't define it as "accepting it" but focusing on things which are more important.
I *would* define that as accepting it! 'Ah well, they're all at it' with a shrug of the shoulders is exactly that.

As someone who (presumably) lives in Hong Kong I would have thought it was particularly pertinent.

I *would* define that as accepting it! 'Ah well, they're all at it' with a shrug of the shoulders is exactly that.

As someone who (presumably) lives in Hong Kong I would have thought it was particularly pertinent.
As with anyone, you are entitled to your opinion young man.

I use to live in Hong Kong from 06-08, 2010-2012 and 2016-2017. Lived in Singapore 08-2010, 2012-2016 but have lived in Malaysia since 2017.

I presume you still live in the UK?

I blame Covid.....

...... just like during the first wave. πŸ€”

Maybe GB News will report it.

20210628_001305.jpg

They could have done the same under EU legislation
I blame Covid.....

...... just like during the first wave. πŸ€”

Maybe GB News will report it.

View attachment 6651

Shortage of cheap HGV drivers.
As it isn`t classed as "skilled" many of them have gone home.
Also means there won`t be cheap routes running around on imported fuel, cheap drivers, and dubious tacho & driving practices.

Safer roads less pollution, less food miles............... no avocados.
Winning. ;)

Back
Top Bottom