General The Board & Senior Management

I think maybe the Hackett appointment was buried because it's temporary, they failed to get any of their candidates over the line, and to avoid further questions and embarrassment they figured they'd tell us it's all over.

I suspect Hacket was told he will have the job until the end of the season and they will review from there.

I think that is exactly what has happened. I think the club are fed up of fielding the question - they've tried to take control.

Probably already been said , but Tim Williams press release reads like a leaked CEO report to his Board .
I bumped into him after our away match at Fleetwood.
He addressed me as “sir” - as if I was a supermarket customer.
He appears to have no connection or comfortable affinity with the fan base.

Last edited:
I'm not having a go at Des but if I read any more about injuries, tough run of games and the lack of a first choice assistant I'm going to cry.

He has the window and the rest of the season to convince me that this is going somewhere.

We've definitely dropped points to some bang awful sides recently. I understand things take time to gel. Maybe this is still the transition period we needed after Karl? If so, this transfer window should look decent and not a knee jerk reaction.

Cheltenham and Reading away hurt.

Probably already been said , but Tim Williams press release reads like a leaked CEO report to his Board .
We have Rosie for that. We need a CEO who can steer through a multimillion pound redevelopment bid working with owner/funders based in Indonesia where we are currently a relatively minor part of their activities.

What’s actually wrong with that? What would you rather he called you?

Maybe to build that connection he could offer our away supporters free hot dogs at the Carlisle away match! I seem to remember there is a suitable pub there for this kind of thing!

I suspect that TW was waiting/hoping that all the newer appointments would have been tied up by new year to issue a greetings statement just to play Devils Advocate. Plus we are customers since we buy a product/ticket and as much as theatre goers/music fandom are we are also supporters but can't see why we can't be both though obvs some prefer to be exclusively fans.

Des' comments after the game tonight re the assistant manager just seems to add more fuel to the brightly burning fire that Tim Williams doesn't have a f___ing clue what's going on.

Des' comments after the game tonight re the assistant manager just seems to add more fuel to the brightly burning fire that Tim Williams doesn't have a f___ing clue what's going on.
Tbf do any of the management, board and owners have any?

I agree. Des seemed less than pleased which I read as he’s been told this is the team and get on with it. I just wish he would!!

I asked ChatGPT to generate a press release to Oxford United fans, it came up with the following...

Oxford United: A Message to Our Fans

We would like to thank all our loyal fans for their continued support and patience during this challenging time. We know you are eager to see some positive changes at the club, and we want to assure you that we are working hard to make them happen.

First of all, we are pleased to announce that we are making good progress on our new stadium project. We have made some changes to the design based on your feedback, and we expect to submit a planning application soon. We believe that the new stadium will be a great asset for the club and the community, and we hope to start construction as soon as possible.

Secondly, we are aware of the need to strengthen our squad and bring in some fresh faces. We are in talks with several potential targets, and we hope to complete some deals before the end of the transfer window. We are looking for players who share our vision and passion for the club, and who can help us achieve our goals.

Thirdly, we are close to appointing a new assistant manager to work alongside our head coach, DES Buckingham. We have interviewed some strong candidates, and we hope to make an announcement soon. We are confident that the new assistant manager will bring valuable experience and expertise to the team.

Finally, we want to thank you for your fantastic attendance and support at our home and away games. You are the best fans in the league, and we appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty. We also want to thank you for your generous spending at our club shop, which helps us generate vital income for the club. We have some exciting new merchandise in stock, so make sure to check it out.

We hope this message gives you some reassurance and optimism for the future of Oxford United. We are committed to making this club successful and proud, and we need your help to do that. Together, we can achieve great things. COYY!

Not a lot different to what was actually put out by the club, wonder if they have started using it...

I asked ChatGPT to generate a press release to Oxford United fans, it came up with the following...

Not a lot different to what was actually put out by the club, wonder if they have started using it...
I prefer that one! 😁

Radio Oxford put it out there as well - didn't they check on embargos

Back
Top Bottom