General The Board & Senior Management

Interesting. Just looked them up. Their average attendance is around 7500 and their stadium holds around 52000!

Iirc, when they were winning titles they only got 15k or so. The stadium is used by Brisbane Broncos RL club as well as the Queensland Vs NSW rep games. I think the RU side use it as well.

Iirc, when they were winning titles they only got 15k or so. The stadium is used by Brisbane Broncos RL club as well as the Queensland Vs NSW rep games. I think the RU side use it as well.
It made me think of MK Dons and Reading but on a bigger magnitude. Yes it's proper RL heartland there. Wonder if a preseason tour to Australia is on the cards!

Yes the Analyst has been appointed according to Des' interview on Boxing Day. And the Assistant was looking good to be appointed a week later from Boxing Day interview as well.
In other news, I'm spending this evening with Margot Robbie.

To be fair I did find it a little odd that we now have an analyst in-situ but can’t name him as he hasn’t informed his former employer yet. Having said that I don’t know if that’s a normal situation in these circumstances, football does seem to work differently than other industries

To be fair I did find it a little odd that we now have an analyst in-situ but can’t name him as he hasn’t informed his former employer yet. Having said that I don’t know if that’s a normal situation in these circumstances, football does seem to work differently than other industries
Weird.
So he was/is still employed by ANother, but unofficially doing work for Oxford, but hadn’t told ANother yet .

Another game and another post match where there is no name for this phantom analyst, that is apparently in the building and there is still no agreement for the assistant manager.

Des was appointed on the 16th November, almost 6 weeks ago.

It’s absolutely scandalous that the Board have not done enough to get this sorted, long before now. It’s negligence from Tim and Grant and they need to be held to account on it.

Des looks absolutely knackered and no wonder! Give the bloke a bloody chance Tim and Grant, for Christ sake.

Whilst talking about the Board, I do hope as a collective that NOBODY is taking planning permission on the stadium for granted. It is by no means a done deal and the Board, once again, have not met their own expectation with the planning application. This was due to be submitted by year-end, it hasn’t been.

Best case scenario, we will be ground sharing in 26/27 with a new stadium to follow. Worse case, we will be ground sharing in 26/27 with no planning on a new stadium - then what?

Based on the performance of Grant and Tim et all, to date, is anyone particularly confident that they will be able to mould all of these key issues to the betterment of OUFC and have us acting like a top 30 club?

Tim and Grant have no affiliation to our football club. It’s a job and bottom line to them and I’m becoming increasingly concerned that they are not taking the club of fan base seriously enough. Questions need to be asked and answers need to be forthcoming.

Have @OxVox or @OUSP Secretary actually asked the direct questions to the club, regarding WHEN the planning application is going in and why the club haven’t met their self-imposed timeline for it?

Have @OxVox or @OUSP Secretary sought confirmation from the club on what the drop dead date is for construction to commence, in order to avoid a ground share?

Who is acting for the wider fanbase and asking these difficult questions?

Another game and another post match where there is no name for this phantom analyst, that is apparently in the building and there is still no agreement for the assistant manager.

Des said in his interview after the game they have offered the role to someone to be his assistant and it should be wrapped up in 24 hours.

Still think it was stupid giving it Des when he had no backroom staff to bring with him instantly.

Des said in his interview after the game they have offered the role to someone to be his assistant and it should be wrapped up in 24 hours.

Still think it was stupid giving it Des when he had no backroom staff to bring with him instantly.

He also said they’d have a name if the analyst 24 hours after Boxing Day….we don’t know who that is yet, do we?

He also said they’d have a name if the analyst 24 hours after Boxing Day….we don’t know who that is yet, do we?

He said tonight the analyst was in the building on Wednesday but no name.

He said tonight the analyst was in the building on Wednesday but no name.

Why the vagueness? If he’s employed by the club, why hasn’t there been an announcement by the club? Why hasn’t Des mentioned his name?

Back
Top Bottom