Chairman Takeover now Old Car Chat

Oxy Oriental aren't but they would gladly move to another site in the new stadium complex.
And would likely do a lot better than at present given the new development would have facilities that would attract a much higher and regular footfall of use than the current shithole.

I think the Luton one may now be on hold. Since Covid the council now have a requirement to add an extra 400 houses.
What a shame! Luton's ground is absolutely terrible but I do remember listening to someone singing in their bath from the window above the away turnstiles once - surreal. The article below might be out of date now but it lists the incredible aspirations of previous Chairpersons - a stadium on stilts with a F1 Grand Prix track and another with a pitch on a hovercraft!

@Wallop you may have missed this earlier; any update?

You're looking a few weeks to tie up the "takeover" then I'd imagine that we'd see how the season was panning out. Playoffs could be the perfect springboard for a big PR push, but could also be seen as a distraction. So I'd guess that closed season might be the most likely time of an announcement but that is entirely guesswork.

@Wallop you may have missed this earlier; any update?
I didn't miss it but I don't know about the actual timing of any announcement hence my lack of response - sorry!

I think we can all be reassured though that the 6pm co-ordinated press release from last week shows that the consortium would like to have the corporate structure in place to get on with the project and so assuming they can secure this, announcements will follow quickly.

Is OxVox still a thing? Sorry if I've missed it, but have they commented on the takeover talks at all? What about the stadium? Wasn't there a report they released only two or three years ago saying that buying and redeveloping the Kassam was the best option?
Good point. We don't want another situation where a different entity to the club owns the stadium.

You still have individuals who pay to have the franchise and will have already lost huge revenue over the last 12 months. Wishing financial harm to Kassam is one thing, wishing it on those who are trying to scrape together an income in difficult times is something else.
Maybe theres a chance the majority will move with us? Then FK can do what he likes with the whole shitheap.

It’s really great that we’re hopefully getting a new ground and going on a new journey I just hope that the owners also invest in the team because I really don’t want another journey into non league 😁
Why would they make a multimillion pound investment in a stadium complex and be content with a team in League 1? Whilst the property investment is obviously part of the plan, selling the club and the Oxford brand in Indonesia and the Far East where they already have serious media interests will be up there as well. For that you need at the very least a successful Championship presence. I suspect their sights are set higher given the potential rewards. Leicester City would be the model which has been a success in Thailand and beyond. They probably think they can do even better with a brand name that has world wide recognition even more so with the vaccine. Perhaps there will be a name change to Oxford Astra Zeneca United.

Very true but if housing goes in, they would get a steady new income stream rather than the 23(ish) times a year from the stadium. Mind you, there would be a couple of years between stadium demolition and people moving in so whatever happens, there will be a hiatus in revenue from this source.
The housing will be the development of Grenoble Road which was approved last year.

The best FK can hope for is that the stadium gets redeveloped as a shopping mall for the new residents, but the operators of these things have been very badly hit by the pandemic, so there won't be a queue - a big Aldi might be a possibility.

So, leaping forward a fair bit, is Karl the man to take us to the promised land? The way he was talking this week he seems to think hes nailed on to be a part of the plans for several years to come so he must have had significant assurances. Does he have the mentality and personality to deal with the larger budget, increased amount of staff and all the pressures that go with it?

A question for a lot further down the line I guess..

The housing will be the development of Grenoble Road which was approved last year.

The best FK can hope for is that the stadium gets redeveloped as a shopping mall for the new residents, but the operators of these things have been very badly hit by the pandemic, so there won't be a queue - a big Aldi might be a possibility.
If this happens, can there be a 'big Aldo' statue at the entrance?

So, leaping forward a fair bit, is Karl the man to take us to the promised land? The way he was talking this week he seems to think hes nailed on to be a part of the plans for several years to come so he must have had significant assurances. Does he have the mentality and personality to deal with the larger budget, increased amount of staff and all the pressures that go with it?

A question for a lot further down the line I guess..
A brand new 4 year contract is a significant assurance!

I’m no big fan of Robbo but he has a mid table budget so he is actually over achieving.
Our budget is around 8th and we are 11th, so no he doesn’t and no he isn’t. Not currently. We’ll see how things stand come May.

Will be interesting to see exactly what happens in terms of on the pitch matters once the transferring of shares is finalised. I believe that Uncle Horst in particular is quite keen. I can’t see the budget going down, put it that way.

Kidlington would be perfect lots of pubs near ground. Not far from A34, and train station.
Be careful what you wish for with train stations and stadiums. Coventry Arena station was built next to the Ricoh Arena but cannot be opened on matchdays due to not enough rolling stock owned by the train operating company. It was calculated it would take 18 days to transport a capacity crowd away by train after every match day using current rolling stock and timetables.

Be careful what you wish for with train stations and stadiums. Coventry Arena station was built next to the Ricoh Arena but cannot be opened on matchdays due to not enough rolling stock owned by the train operating company. It was calculated it would take 18 days to transport a capacity crowd away by train after every match day using current rolling stock and timetables.
But some of the 70,000 will be traveling there by hoverboard remember.

Why would they make a multimillion pound investment in a stadium complex and be content with a team in League 1? Whilst the property investment is obviously part of the plan, selling the club and the Oxford brand in Indonesia and the Far East where they already have serious media interests will be up there as well. For that you need at the very least a successful Championship presence. I suspect their sights are set higher given the potential rewards. Leicester City would be the model which has been a success in Thailand and beyond. They probably think they can do even better with a brand name that has world wide recognition even more so with the vaccine. Perhaps there will be a name change to Oxford Astra Zeneca United.
Tounge in cheek couldn’t find an emoji nine the less it’s exciting times

Difference with Oxford parkway is its already a running station and on the main line.

Back
Top Bottom