Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Armando Dobre 22 young attacking midfielder/winger. So there is potential value later on.

Not sure if he could make the jump to Lge 1, but worth a try, I’m all for fishing in the non Lge pond from time to time, because you might just unearth a gem.

He may be out of contract too.

Armando Dobre 22 young attacking midfielder/winger. So there is potential value later on.

Not sure if he could make the jump to Lge 1, but worth a try, because I think he’s available.

If he is the one who played for Chesterfield then no thanks. Spent more time throwing himself down and trying to get opponents sent off, whether contact or not, in the final than actually trying to beat them or pass around them. And based on the comments of the commentators, it is a regular occurrence.

If he is the one who played for Chesterfield then no thanks. Spent more time throwing himself down and trying to get opponents sent off, whether contact or not, in the final than actually trying to beat them or pass around them. And based on the comments of the commentators, it is a regular occurrence.
Yeah I saw him on a few occasions last season and he was an infuriating watch. Clearly had some decent technical ability (for that level, not necessarily L1) but a terrible brain and referees have his number. Looked easy to wind up and far more interested in going tit for tat.

By contrast, Ruben Rodrigues is the total opposite. Physically combative, athletic and gets on with the game while still having good numbers. Free. He’d be the one for me.

In the spirit of chucking names in there, here's another one. Kofi Balmer. Aged 22. Northern Ireland. Can play across the back four. Was playing NI semi pro in their top division (which isn't very good). A number of English and Scottish clubs after him last summer, including us, allegedly. Made a weird move on a one year contract to Crystal Palace to play for their u. 23's. Out of contact in a few weeks. Total speculation. But you heard it here first!

Lots of great potential players being mentioned, the likes of which we should be looking at. Lets hope that the budget is there so that we dont end up with as much shite from this transfer window as we did this time last year.

In the spirit of chucking names in there, here's another one. Kofi Balmer. Aged 22. Northern Ireland. Can play across the back four. Was playing NI semi pro in their top division (which isn't very good). A number of English and Scottish clubs after him last summer, including us, allegedly. Made a weird move on a one year contract to Crystal Palace to play for their u. 23's. Out of contact in a few weeks. Total speculation. But you heard it here first!
Watched him have an eventful night at Bristol rovers early season.
A mistake not to have been in after him while he was at Ballymena.
David Jeffrey knows a good young player, Trai Hume has proved that.
Edit
Included in the Northern Ireland set up ahead of Toal, who’s done well at Bolton this season

Last edited:
I would give this Football Ramble podcast episode a listen - The Drop in: Lee Dykes and mastering the transfer market.
Lee Dykes is the technical director for Brentford and discusses the structure of the club including player/staff recruitment and, what Brentford does well, and why other clubs aren’t doing so well.

Another is Divin Mubama from West Ham.
18, big strong forward who's done very well in PL2 this season (15G/A in 20apps). England U19 and recently won West Ham's 'young hammer of the season'.

I took a look at WHU and waiting on their U23 and U21 retained list. They're planning on concentrating on the U21 and U18 and the U23 players aren't really getting that many opportunities.

Mubama was one, Potts is the other. I would also wonder if we try to get a loan for Armstrong-Okoflex or Levi Laing.

I took a look at WHU and waiting on their U23 and U21 retained list. They're planning on concentrating on the U21 and U18 and the U23 players aren't really getting that many opportunities.

Mubama was one, Potts is the other. I would also wonder if we try to get a loan for Armstrong-Okoflex or Levi Laing.
Sounds like the match day sponsor of a national League game

I would give this Football Ramble podcast episode a listen - The Drop in: Lee Dykes and mastering the transfer market.
Lee Dykes is the technical director for Brentford and discusses the structure of the club including player/staff recruitment and, what Brentford does well, and why other clubs aren’t doing so well.

@timwilliams

Heard Neymar is available but probs don't want to carry on Robbo's philosophy of signing has beens. Probs get injured before the season started like everybody else 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom