Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a brilliant window. My only reservation is whether the prolific England youth international we've signed to go up front is good enough.

If it doesn't work out and we need something else, I've been told that all we need to do is call the below number and our all our problems will be solved:

0121 454 4825
I rang that number and the proprietor immediately picked up and said: “Karl?”

Ipswich fan who knows his football said Edwards is a player with a lot of flair but not much penetration. Sounds like for like with Browne to be fair.

Only difference is I'd be saying 'ffs Edwards' rather than 'ffs Browne' when he beats three players then shanks a shot horribly wide.

I rang that number and the proprietor immediately picked up and said: “Karl?”

"So you want the manager's special?"

"No no, I'm saying the manager is special. Tell him to make sure he's not on the rota next Saturday."

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
One thing I’ve noticed with the players we’ve signed this summer is the heart they’re all showing. Greg Leigh has already lifted the place with his personality. The likes of of Rodrigues and Harris are busting lungs week in week out. Stevens came in last week and didn’t hide for a second, he was another who was everywhere, constantly showing for the ball. Mills, with his knee heavily strapped burst forward on the break and was heavily involved in our winner.

The unity that was shown when celebrating that winner also highlights the togetherness needed to be successful over a long season.

I think this is the key to our recruitment this summer and what is poles apart from some of the business we did under the previous regime. We’re targeting players that we know will run for brick walls for the guy next to him in the yellow shirt, and will then join in the celebrations with their team mates and the supporters on the terraces. It did seem at times over the last couple of windows that we were signing mercenaries and the soul was being sucked out a little bit.

We haven’t even seen what Perkins and Edwards can contribute yet but, from their interviews and also judging on the window so far, they also seem good characters who want to do well for the team.

I’m hoping we are in for a very enjoyable season. Even if we fall short we will all know it wasn’t down to lack of effort.

So far the recruitment looks pretty good. Only one worry. Looking at their records we don't really have a prolific goal scorer. May be the idea is to forget that and rely on a lot of players scoring a few each

Still hoping for something else, but I think this window will personally be a 10/10 if both Edwards and Perkins make an impact. The striker argument certainly relies on where Perkins plays and also how often he plays + of course G/As.

So far the recruitment looks pretty good. Only one worry. Looking at their records we don't really have a prolific goal scorer. May be the idea is to forget that and rely on a lot of players scoring a few each
Thats what we do every year or the excuse thats given for failing to bring in a striker, and look where it has gotten us.

Have no doubt Perkins will add to us as much as Goodrham, Mills and O’Donker have already.
We don’t look like a side who needs to rely on a 20 goal a season striker.
The potential from the support has been something else. And as big a threat as any so called top div 1 striker
Harris works his socks off for someone I’d say should be a support forward,
ODonkor caused the Bristol back line, all sorts of problems first half. Leading to very good chances for Goodrham and Mills.
Perkins hold up play is better than most of that age,

Thats what we do every year or the excuse thats given for failing to bring in a striker, and look where it has gotten us.
Love it , comparing KR's tenure ,transfers and squad building capabilities with LM and the absolutely class job he has done so far .
Outstanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom