Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also prefer him to Marriott, but it's interesting to note that Mo Eisa has had the lowest aerial win % of any striker in League One in the last two seasons. 7% and 8%. He might be quite tall, but he isn't going to give you much in the air. I still have a sneaky feeling it'll be neither.
neither, but someone else instead? or no new striker at all?

Someone else. I think we will bring one in and it could be Eisa or Marriott, although I'd be v surprised if the latter.
Yeah, if someone comes in it’ll probably be someone no one on here has mentioned.
There will then follow meltdown comments about him being untried, past it, crap in the air, slow, not suitable, a troublemaker, injury prone * delete as appropriate!

Yeah, if someone comes in it’ll probably be someone no one on here has mentioned.
There will then follow meltdown comments about him being untried, past it, crap in the air, slow, not suitable, a troublemaker, injury prone * delete as appropriate!
None of the above, but poor attitude!

I haven't caught up with the last few pages of the thread but are there any credible rumours? I saw one on Twitter that said we're after Conor Coventry - he'd be a great addition!
Yeah, I think that one’s gathering pace unlike Wildschut!

Why didn't they sign for us earlier in the window? They don't want to be here/we must their last resort/a mercenary

Young Dane Scarlett might be an option as a striker.

I think we need another forward, but also a winger.

2 in and 1 out on loan McGinty perhaps, and if we can offload Murphy that would be great too.

Young Dane Scarlett might be an option as a striker.

I think we need another forward, but also a winger.

2 in and 1 out on loan McGinty perhaps, and if we can offload Murphy that would be great too.
Scarlett played for Spurs last night, so doubt hes going anywhere

More to the point, it proves that a random
Rumour (made up) can be posted on here - then someone puts it on twitter as a rumour. Then someone on here goes oh it must have legs as it’s on twitter also (two sources - when actually it’s the same made up source) and goes in a vicious circle.
It’s a good demonstration on how easy it is to spread a rumour with no backing, this is the same 92 times over with every club and why the transfer window has become a game/business in itself - since everyone wants the latest and info first. Im as guilty as anyone - checking this thread way to regularly for essentially a load of nonsense. Won’t stop me checking again tomorrow though - we will never learn. 🤦‍♂

Exactly. What I was trying to get at but you worded it far more succinctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom