Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if Baldock had stayed fit we would be talking of playoffs 3 years in a row.

If Appleton had a proven striker we'd have been playoffs rather than 8th.
How are you managing to traverse the multiverse? What is it like in the universe where we didn't reject signing Matt Le Tissier before he went to Southampton?

Teams get promoted out of this league by having 3 or 4 strikers. And experienced ones too, not all teenagers. We need another one

Teams get promoted by scoring more than most, conceding fewer than most, having strength in depth, and frequently having a really top class loan signing or two.

How those goals are scored, or who scores them, is fairly irrelevant. Some will do it with a 20+ goal a season striker, others share the goals throughout the team. The reality as obvious as it sounds, is that it doesn't matter who gets the winner as long as you win.

And this "bigger club" thing is bordering on embarrassing! Even during the 80's we weren't a particularly big club, but we were bloody good and I'd love to see those days again. I don't care whether or not Rotherham or others are bigger than Oxford, let alone Luton or Brentford. That doesn't mean that I'm content with lower league one football or I lack ambition or any other rubbish, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

We are a league one club, but we are seeing that there is very clear ambition both on and off the pitch right now. We should absolutely be looking to become a consistent Championship club, but we're not there yet, and I don't think we need to be having a go at fans for saying that!

But I’d guess that KIP’s still able to make the comment, and let’s hope your comment(s) are right too
In that case, we cannot play Beadle up front on Saturday. It would be a huge mistake. It’ll be the difference between winning and losing the game. It’s so important that we don’t make this mistake.

It's an illustration.

We're bigger in any circumstances. We're bigger now.

The hypothetical scenario was simply presented to make it easier for those without the cognitive ability to see past what division a club is currently in or how shiny their stadium is.

Some still don't see it, which is fine. They can continue to be grateful for even competing in the same division as Peterborough, Blackpool and Wigan.

After all, at least it's not St Albans or Grays, eh?
Does it not get a bit tedious constantly lecturing other fans on here? As for having a go at others who may have a different view as being cognitively impaired……

No one pick up on radio Oxford this afternoon that we could also be interested in Mo Eisa ??

Also not playing for MK tonight either.

Didn't hear that, but then again I can't stand Radio Oxford when the football is not on, it's dire!

Surprised no one has mentioned Eisa - not involved with MK tonight. Looky eyes emoji.

Equally Kayode looks to be on the move and was with Manning at MK.

Don’t think we need to panic for the run in to Friday.

I just wish this guy (bad Apple) was out of our club to be honest.
Yes, it's the hope that kills you!. We all want Murphy to succeed this season. I got my hopes up when he was doing the extra preseason training. All the noise prior to the season started dissipated as soon as he didn't turn up on a match day with another "knock!". It feels like he could do it if he wanted to, but doesn't seem to want to. (cue the virtue signalling). If he can't be bothered, please f' off, we could get 2 or 3 decent players for his extortionate wage.

Thanks, KR, great work!.

In that case, we cannot play Beadle up front on Saturday. It would be a huge mistake. It’ll be the difference between winning and losing the game. It’s so important that we don’t make this mistake.
That will not happen. KR is no longer here.

I just wish this guy (bad Apple) was out of our club to be honest.
I think most do. Nasty reminder of the old regime but in all honesty if you’d said to me 2 months ago that we’d be finishing the window with just one remaining passenger, the rest would be gone and we’d have 11 or 12 new signings in the door, not to mention top of the table after 5 games, I’d have told you to join the Blackpool forum where bullshit is celebrated.

Teams get promoted by scoring more than most, conceding fewer than most, having strength in depth, and frequently having a really top class loan signing or two.

How those goals are scored, or who scores them, is fairly irrelevant. Some will do it with a 20+ goal a season striker, others share the goals throughout the team. The reality as obvious as it sounds, is that it doesn't matter who gets the winner as long as you win.

And this "bigger club" thing is bordering on embarrassing! Even during the 80's we weren't a particularly big club, but we were bloody good and I'd love to see those days again. I don't care whether or not Rotherham or others are bigger than Oxford, let alone Luton or Brentford. That doesn't mean that I'm content with lower league one football or I lack ambition or any other rubbish, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

We are a league one club, but we are seeing that there is very clear ambition both on and off the pitch right now. We should absolutely be looking to become a consistent Championship club, but we're not there yet, and I don't think we need to be having a go at fans for saying that!
I’m a bit confused scotchers, all I said was we need an experienced striker, im
Not involved in all that other stuff you mention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom