Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need to free up a space next ? (Murphy, Henry or another)
Murphy can go, he’s proved himself to be as much use as a chocolate sun hat.

But it would be a big mistake to let Henry go in my opinion, as his experience and leadership skills will be invaluable on and off the pitch, and he’d be a great option from the bench with 20mins to go, to unlock tricky defences.

Surely a klaxon today, and our LB position finally sorted, with two very strong options…🙏

Season long loan on their side though, dunno if that changes anything with Leigh?

But it would be a big mistake to let Henry go in my opinion.
Big mistake is pushing it a bit for me. He's on a high wage, has had his fair share of injury issues and is considerably slower than when he joined. Still a decent player but if the club let him go that frees up a high wage. We have multiple options in his position already so that would allow us to bring in another top league one player for that wage. We're already after a left back, striker and winger before he moves on, we could add another important position (defensive mid) if Henry left.

Absolutely a model pro with valuable experience in the dressing room, but I wouldn't say no to him leaving or call it a mistake with how our recruitments been so far.

Big mistake is pushing it a bit for me. He's on a high wage, has had his fair share of injury issues and is considerably slower than when he joined. Still a decent player but if the club let him go that frees up a high wage. We have multiple options in his position already so that would allow us to bring in another top league one player for that wage. We're already after a left back, striker and winger before he moves on, we could add another important position (defensive mid) if Henry left.

Absolutely a model pro with valuable experience in the dressing room, but I wouldn't say no to him leaving or call it a mistake with how our recruitments been so far.
I imagine his wishes would come into it, if he's fit he may want to move in order to get playing time.

Hopefully we can get Leigh announced today. I would imagine Charlton comes too soon for him but hopefully we'll see something from him against Port Vale and then he can get some proper minutes against Northampton in the kids trophy.

Really excited about this. I was quite vocal pre season that I thought some fans would be surprised the improvement Beadle would be over Eastwood and this is the same for me. A lot of us seem to have accepted full backs can either only defend and not get forwards at all or if they do get forwards they'll be a defensive liability. Leigh is going to be a huge step up on Brown, despite him deservedly being player of the season last year.

I would be amazed if he goes anywhere for a variety of reasons. Expect he will become the new Mousinho and move onto a contract that reflects this next summer.

FL insider on twitter suggesting we are one of a number of clubs after Jorge Grant from Hearts. Might just be because he is from the area but would be a great addition albeit not a position we are desperate for.

FL insider on twitter suggesting we are one of a number of clubs after Jorge Grant from Hearts. Might just be because he is from the area but would be a great addition albeit not a position we are desperate for.
Now they are out of Europe....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom