Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hope that a deal for Leigh is a perm. Makes little sense for a loan if he has one year left on his contract (from an Ipswich POV). You would have thought given that he was picked up on a free, a lowish 6 figure sum would get it done.
Might make sense for him if he doesn’t want to write off the excess salary that he’d get from being loaned?

When Mrs Bazzer and I went there we found it strange they had a fat face shop there. But was interesting watching them winch in the boats with their catch to be weighed.
Hope you have a good time
Ran past the Fat Face this morning - gets a bit tiring up on the cliff walks, unsurprisingly!

Depending on the success of his loan spell, or picks up a nasty injury.

A loan move is the best outcome, and go from there.

I believe we are in talks with a couple of clubs regarding an experienced centre forward. I’d still like to see us take a punt on Lawrence Shankland.
Southampton are interested in him as they are set to lose che adams to Everton so that would price us out immediately

Yep I think his goal scoring speaks for itself, although I don’t think he was that great in Belgium or Netherlands, I’m sure he played over there for a short spell, but his record in Scotland is pretty bloody good, and worth a punt. Only a suggestion of course, and doubt we are looking at him.
I know a Dundee United fan, who lives in England. He thinks Shankland is definitely not Championship standard and probably not even L1 standard. Don't forget that Findlay has gone back to the SPL and apparently is looking good again!

Might make sense for him if he doesn’t want to write off the excess salary that he’d get from being loaned?
Can't see him being on a huge wage. Our track record of late will probably see him as the best paid LB in L1!

Can't see him being on a huge wage. Our track record of late will probably see him as the best paid LB in L1!
He was signed by Ipswich who dished out some huge contracts, I could certainly see him having to take a pay cut to sign permanently now. Given we’d also have to pay a fee, I can see why a loan works better for him and us.

Looking at Leighs history, he only tends to stay for a couple of seasons before moving on. so wouldnt be surprised if he just stayed on loan for a year before looking for something else.

The greg leigh loan deal will be similar to seddons deal at burton. He will be a free agent at the end of it. Who knows, he may have a jan recall option. She main thing is that we have covered the left back shortage for the foreseeable.

Leigh had a terrific game against us for Morecambe at our place. Not often you’d notice the performance of the opposition left back but he was outstanding on the day and the best player on the pitch by a mile.
He’s always looked really good against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom