Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if we are looking at any of the Ipswich strikers Freddy ladapo on the bench for them Saturday, what a signing that would be!

A week ago i was firmly in the camp of "we need a new striker, Gatlin should go out on loan" but I am glad we have him about. He has a superb quality at times. So, do we stick with where we are, get a new striker and send him off anyway or get a new striker and keep him around? Worried option 3 is too wasteful in terms of wage and his playtime to be reasonable
It frustrated me, that during preseason, before a ball was even kicked, some fans were calling out for GoD and Goodrham to be loaned out this season for development. Some even suggested GoD to Oxford City!!
He is a different option to Harris, strong and can hold the ball up, but I do think we need another striker.

It frustrated me, that during preseason, before a ball was even kicked, some fans were calling out for GoD and Goodrham to be loaned out this season for development. Some even suggested GoD to Oxford City!!
He is a different option to Harris, strong and can hold the ball up, but I do think we need another striker.
The development factor shout was based on it being likely that GOD was going to be the third choice striker, and therefore would his development be better with regular gametime at a lower level, or the odd 10minute sub appearance here and there for us, with a start in the Pizza Trophy.

The fact that we're now 4 games in and still haven't brought in an additional forward, means he has got more game time by this point than might have been expected.
Though his appearance at Bristol City, saw him get more minutes (56) than his 4 sub appearances in the league put together (44).

He has definitely bulked up over the summer and looks more like a man now than a big boy. Excellent sub appearance on Saturday, doing really well for Tyler's goal and giving the Barnsley defenders something additional to think about.

As for Goodrham, he proved to LM in pre-season that he was worth keeping around to be involved regularly both off the bench and from the start.
Browne's injury at this point in the window, gives him a real chance to show he is worth the starting shirt week in, week out.

The development factor shout was based on it being likely that GOD was going to be the third choice striker, and therefore would his development be better with regular gametime at a lower level, or the odd 10minute sub appearance here and there for us, with a start in the Pizza Trophy.

The fact that we're now 4 games in and still haven't brought in an additional forward, means he has got more game time by this point than might have been expected.
Though his appearance at Bristol City, saw him get more minutes (56) than his 4 sub appearances in the league put together (44).

He has definitely bulked up over the summer and looks more like a man now than a big boy. Excellent sub appearance on Saturday, doing really well for Tyler's goal and giving the Barnsley defenders something additional to think about.

As for Goodrham, he proved to LM in pre-season that he was worth keeping around to be involved regularly both off the bench and from the start.
Browne's injury at this point in the window, gives him a real chance to show he is worth the starting shirt week in, week out.
Exactly. The point I made throughout the summer is you assess players when they come back and also the recruitment. I used Baptiste as my example. On his breakthrough season, who would have predicted he would have had that impact he did? In preseason he was immense and it came from nowhere.

Exactly. The point I made throughout the summer is you assess players when they come back and also the recruitment. I used Baptiste as my example. On his breakthrough season, who would have predicted he would have had that impact he did? In preseason he was immense and it came from nowhere.
Even though he's 24 it feels like McGuane is having his break through season at the moment, long may it continue.

On a separate note, I was looking earlier and GOD and Goodrham have both now played more games than Shandon did for us which took me by surprise.

Baptiste 43

GOD 44
Goodrham 52

On a separate note, I was looking earlier and GOD and Goodrham have both now played more games than Shandon did for us which took me by surprise.

Baptiste 43

GOD 44
Goodrham 52
Hmm, do I believe you, or the ever-reliable Wikipedia (which has TG at 40, and GOD at 30 but nothing for this season) 🤔

I'm surprised by both the totals (I'm going with your figures), I'd have both about half of that! Goodrham could be on to beat John Shuker at the rate he's going...

Even though he's 24 it feels like McGuane is having his break through season at the moment, long may it continue.
McGuane actually started last year really well, was easily our best player over the first half a dozen games or so.

I hope you're right and he's found himself, but consistency is a massive part of what he needs in his game. As you say, long may his current form continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom