Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is it clever management by Manning ? One of those kick up the backside, home truths, that some players need. It wouldn't be the first time a player, seemingly not in a managers plans, turns his career around. Mills hasn't shone yet, Goodrham in and out and Browne never too far away from an injury, Murphy maybe only a cameo appearance away from resurrecting his Oxford career - if he gets a chance.

Not sure it is a clever piece of man-management tbh. Look at Murphy's past, there have been a number of managers that have not been able to get a tune out of him. He was bombed out of both Cardiff and Preston, prior to his move to us.

I find it a bit odd that people are ok with Henry being here as he is good around the place (a reason why Mackie was here) even if he doesn't play much but Murphy, who is on the same wage as Henry, is a high earner and is waste of a wage as he doesn't play.
Mackie played in almost every game despite his back being too fucked to train properly or even warm up pre-match (good of Karl to keep topping up his pay packet with those appearance bonuses), as it would lock up as soon as he stopped moving, and in doing so was blocking the development of other players who were factually and provably contributing more than him in a fraction of the minutes. Henry is doing no such thing. You’ve also mentioned Henry being deemed a good influence and then directly compared his value to Murphy based on his salary alone, which implies that there is no difference between the two besides money, despite already acknowledging otherwise.

Not sure it is a clever piece of man-management tbh. Look at Murphy's past, there have been a number of managers that have not been able to get a tune out of him. He was bombed out of both Cardiff and Preston, prior to his move to us.
You probably know more about this than me and we're on the same side with this discussion. But playing devil's advocate for one moment, I am prepared to cut him some slack for one thing - if you are a fleet-footed, creative, expressive winger as he was at Norwich, I can't imagine going to play for Neil Warnock does you any good. That was a bad choice, even if it was the Premier League. When you compound that with relegation followed by successors like Mick McCarthy & Neil Harris, it's reasonable to suggest they would stamp out the enjoyment in football for most players like him. It's an acquired taste for a modern day winger to want to do the thankless donkey work they expect. If he is also a little bit delicate, mentally, those managers followed by a loan with Ryan Lowe would push the strongest of people to their limits. Joining forces with Robinson at the particular point in time he did was also never likely to help.

Manning is really the first balanced, emotionally stable manager he has had for 5 years and he gave him a very fair opportunity. We got just a glimpse of what life could be like with a motivated Josh Murphy but that hasn't even lasted the summer and he's already played himself in to the back of Manning's mind. A lot of this is at his door, but I do have a degree of sympathy for the years leading up to his time here.

League minutes played last season:
Findlay - 3151
Wildschut - 1071
McGinty - 270
Murphy - 956
Jones - 13
Baldock - 107
Anderson - 1265
Brown - 3775

What fantastic value for money. That’s without taking into account Fleming, Smith and Konate in January. A total shambles

Just to step this on to include this season's minutes and status now that Wildschut has gone and Baldock basically confirmed as retired.
Woeful woeful woeful.

1692352673028.png

How did you get that from his tweet?
Hes on a day off... had to post something about Yanic... now hes on his day off. Nothing to suggest anything else happening??
Mainly the ellipsis after the ‘now back to my day off’ seemed cryptic to me might be completely off 😂

How did you get that from his tweet?
Hes on a day off... had to post something about Yanic... now hes on his day off. Nothing to suggest anything else happening??
I mean the "Now back to that day off..." is slightly cryptic, no? Especially with the ellipsis...

Just to step this on to include this season's minutes and status now that Wildschut has gone and Baldock basically confirmed as retired.
Woeful woeful woeful.

View attachment 15189

Baldock hasn't actually retired yet has he? We still pay him as a player, just that he will never play again.

The amount of players on that list with very low appearance minutes is shocking though, you can see why we went from play off contenders to relegation candidates in a summer.

Baldock hasn't actually retired yet has he? We still pay him as a player, just that he will never play again.
Unless we’ve already come to a settlement with him and he’s now being paid a ‘normal’ wage to work behind the scenes, but he’s still had money out of us. Especially last season, when he was paid around £1,000 per minute of League One football.

£60,000 per hour 😂

Liam Rice tweeted again saying nothing to read into from his first tweet.

No new signing today then…

Woeful woeful woeful.

View attachment 15189
Yes awful.
But there could be one fantastic signing there.
Negru is down as back up. I think that he has shown that he could be far better than that. One of the fantastic CBs we have signed in the past few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom