Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have expected us to keep the lad if the intention was to ship out McGinty.
Incase we should lose both remaining keepers to injury and emergency loan couldn't be done in time. Unless there's a an option to recall.

I would have expected us to keep the lad if the intention was to ship out McGinty.
Incase we should lose both remaining keepers to injury and emergency loan couldn't be done in time. Unless there's a an option to recall.
I assume Fraser Barnsley or Monty Marriott will probably be our 3rd choice keeper

Unless you choose to waive it there’s an option to recall in all deals made with clubs below the EFL, I believe. If McGinty went to the Conference for a loan he could be recalled at a day’s notice, and could also be loaned to a club down there outside of the standard transfer window.

Everything looking really promising, and excited to get the new season started......

.....with the sole exception that while Manning looks exceptionally well organized and focused, and has planned and executed this summer with admirable logic and structure - he is still following one part of the KR manual that I absolutely hate. And that is that we still only have five senior defenders, plus one hot prospect in Negru.

Burey sounds like an exciting player, so if we do get him that it will round out the forward line nicely. But we do need another body in at the back, otherwise a couple of injuries and we're down to the bare bones.

Still got a month left in the window so no panic, mind.

Everything looking really promising, and excited to get the new season started......

.....with the sole exception that while Manning looks exceptionally well organized and focused, and has planned and executed this summer with admirable logic and structure - he is still following one part of the KR manual that I absolutely hate. And that is that we still only have five senior defenders, plus one hot prospect in Negru.

Burey sounds like an exciting player, so if we do get him that it will round out the forward line nicely. But we do need another body in at the back, otherwise a couple of injuries and we're down to the bare bones.

Still got a month left in the window so no panic, mind.
Plus a LB, it’ll be 6 I reckon

Negru might be largely unproven, but he turns 22 during this season. That’s the same age that Dickie, Atkinson and McNally were when they became first team regulars.

Manning has missed several LB targets this summer but has said himself that he’s still after one. Plus we can always stick Henry there if need be.

EDIT: Great. Beaten to the punch by that bastard @andystroud

I assume Fraser Barnsley or Monty Marriott will probably be our 3rd choice keeper
Monty is 17yo, Barnsley and Brearey in front of him, so unlikely to be 3rd choice.
Barnsley will almost certainly be loaned out also.

Immediate recall allowed from clubs at St Ives level

Negru might be largely unproven, but he turns 22 during this season. That’s the same age that Dickie, Atkinson and McNally were when they became first team regulars.

Manning has missed several LB targets this summer but has said himself that he’s still after one. Plus we can always stick Henry there if need be.

EDIT: Great. Beaten to the punch by that bastard @[B]andystroud[/B]
There's no need to get personal about @andystroud

I can understand that. Had to boot the ball out when a contact lens popped out mid game but ended up going for a corner rather than a throw in which I was aiming for! The Ref did a great job stopping the game and told everybody to stay still when he realised what had happened. Fortunately found the lens about 6 or 7 feet away, washed it and put it back in. The Ref then started the game again.
I met him a couple of times during the season. Not the sunniest of characters, it would be fair to say. He came to the game late- used to be a schoolteacher, and went back to teaching after his pro career ended. I never thought he was much good tbh, but he got goals thanks to fantastic service and also got that goal against Man United, so can't really complain. Jim Smith shipped him out to Derby as soon as he could.

Really think burey with an option to buy is a much better deal , gives him time to prove himself without splashing the cash
Potentially - but then would his parent club (and the player himself) agree to that? If he didn't work out then we would return him, if he turned out decently then we would sign him. Millwall might not want him back if the former and would probably be able to get interest from elsewhere if the latter, thus putting his value up. Not sure they'd agree to a price at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom