Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see all three of those being on the pitch at the same time much this season. Judging by the additions we've made so far, with Rodrigues clearly recruited to play as a no.10, as well as the formation of the board in Manning's office it looks to me like the default will be 4-2-3-1 as it was at the end of last season, with McEachran and McGuane (and Smyth) rotating or competing for the spot alongside Brannagan. I don't think we will see another CM come in.

Yep it all depends on what formation we play.

Left back and 2 front men are the priority.

It will be interesting to see how Manning utilises Smyth this season, if he is number 14 then it is likely he will have more of a role in the squad. He was used at CAM by Manning last season, so I wonder whether he sees him in that role or further back.

View attachment 14365
Thoughts on this lineup? Any idea of what positions players like Henry or Bodin will play in?
Don’t think we’ll see much of Henry, which to me is a positive…

Bodin will play in the 10 believe Bodin mentioned this in an interview, that Manning wants him in the 10..

From that side there, would also like to add a winger with real quality, probably move on Yanic if possible

We need to shift dead wood to sign players but then let’s give Gorrin a year on pay as you play? That’s counter intuitive.

The ghost of the scouser still haunts this place with that sort of talk, we have enough problems with the contracts he left behind without compounding them with a move that Robinson himself would do.

We need to shift dead wood to sign players but then let’s give Gorrin a year on pay as you play? That’s counter intuitive.

The ghost of the scouser still haunts this place with that sort of talk, we have enough problems with the contracts he left behind without compounding them with a move that Robinson himself would do.
Agree Gorrin should move on.

No to Gorrin sadly ,I think Henry will go .A left back and the defense is sorted .The left wing area is a problem with the amount of injuries Brown gets that would leave us very vulnerable with Yanic as back up. Same on the right .2 strikers a must. So some juggling to go yet. I still think Findley will go

If Gorrin proves his fitness and ability to Manning in pre-season, I would love him to stay on. We did miss him last season and would be another good option in a midfield which needs physicality
I can imagine the chaos on here if KR had signed someone with his injury record and who has hardly played for 2 seasons……
No thanks.

Problem is if we get a physical CDM either he or JM is almost never going to start…
They would, though. There really are plenty of minutes available, particularly when 5 subs are a constant. There are different ways to approach games and you’ll need different things within games. Do you want both Brannagan and McEachran on the pitch when hanging on to 1-0 for dear life with 15 mins to go? I wouldn’t. I’d take one or both off for McGuane and a meatball. We’re still short of genuine competition for our typical starters in a few positions IMO but our best XI, if all available, is coming along very nicely.

Don’t think we need a physical dm if I’m being honest. If you look at Mannings teams, throughout his career, he’s never used a Gorrin type player.
Since Gorrins injury, neither did KR, and it was his biggest weakness.

We need a solid defensive midfielder, like Gorrin but without the injuries, otherwise we risk losing the midfield battle in some games and won't have an answer to it.

I'm still hoping Manning doesn't fall into the same trap as KR. Yes you can dominate possession in a lot of games and play without one, but that may not be the case against stronger sides or more physical teams away from home on quagmire of a pitch.

We will need that reinforcement in games this season so hopefully we bring one in. He may decide to keep Gorrin on a 1 year deal if he can prove his fitness but I think I'd rather let him go now and sign a new defensive midfielder.

We could go down the loan route but the problem with loans is the parent club demand their player gets a certain amount of minutes if they're fit.
I understand that these sorts of agreement exist, and I can see it from the position of the loaning club. But from a fan's point of view, it isn't great. At worst, there is a player on the pitch who isn't worth his place. In any case, we may be wondering whether this is the manager's best team, or the best team he can put together to accommodate player X and player Y.

Does anyone know whether such agreements are 'an understanding', or legally binding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom