Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just know we will get new strikers.
At least 1, more than likely 2.
Can't see us scoring goals otherwise.
Knowing how Manning is, there will be a youth and probably another more experienced one.
My preference is someone who can do it on a cold night.
In Torquay.
Don't know many that can.
Should we get a player like that.
Only one thing is clear.
Never let them go.
God help us if we need someone who can do it playing in Torquay. National League South for them next season. It's Plain we need Moor than that.

Shouldn't be worried.
A quality striker will arrive.
May be as soon as next week.
Negotiations for the best take time.
Oxford will have a top striker soon.
Mark my words.
Be ready, it's coming.
Everyone will be impressed.
So presume Sam Nombe then?
Or have i just been whoooooooosed?

We want someone who can play well on a windy wet night in Stoke (port vale fc ) Fleetwood, Northampton, Bolton,Portsmouth, Wycombe, but more importantly Oxford we could and should be up there and with a few more very important signings to come let's be honest the board want us and eventually expect us to be there. I think we will once again go very close ,get your ticket, get your new shirt with a new strikers name on it (coming soon ) it's going to be an exciting season.

I worry some might be disappointed if expecting six more in. Can’t see it being anywhere near that unless players leave. Two strikers/forwards at a minimum, maybe a left-back if and when Seddon leaves. Can’t see there being much more than that unless we shift some deadwood.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I've no doubt a striker will arrive.
Maybe we'll sign another fullback?
It's obvious our signings aren't all done.
Seems so simple on a forum.
Striker! Striker! Striker!
Keep the faith lads, it's coming.
Any day now.
Relinquish the negativity from last season.
Let's look forwards.

Hope we’re looking at Jesurun Rak Sakyi from Crystal Palace. Scored 15 in his first full season for Charlton on loan last season. Only 20 and will improve. If Palace are willing to loan him out again
Be championship where he goes

We need to shift some dead wood even with 2 strikers in I can't see better than mid table ,but it was always a big ask this transfer window with the place we were left in. Fingers crossed a few go.

We need to shift some dead wood even with 2 strikers in I can't see better than mid table ,but it was always a big ask this transfer window with the place we were left in. Fingers crossed a few go.
Beadle
Stevens
Moore
Thornily
Brown
McEachran/McGuane
Brannagan
Goodrham
Rodrigues
Browne
New Striker

So without budgeting for a Murphy rejuvenation, with Bodin, Henry, Smyth, Long, Findlay, Gatlin etc not getting in the first team, and assuming that Manning can get more out of this group than we saw last season, I think the above looks pretty strong. The strikers signings will be key, but we’ve already strengthened in all other areas.

Beadle
Stevens
Moore
Thornily
Brown
McEachran/McGuane
Brannagan
Goodrham
Rodrigues
Browne
New Striker

So without budgeting for a Murphy rejuvenation, with Bodin, Henry, Smyth, Long, Findlay, Gatlin etc not getting in the first team, and assuming that Manning can get more out of this group than we saw last season, I think the above looks pretty strong. The strikers signings will be key, but we’ve already strengthened in all other areas.
Two strikers & the Left back are the key. Anything else after that is a bonus. Those two areas signed and sealed and we will have a solid side going into the season. If we can then pick up a couple of loans in different areas to fill out the squad. We will be in good shape.

I worry some might be disappointed if expecting six more in. Can’t see it being anywhere near that unless players leave. Two strikers/forwards at a minimum, maybe a left-back if and when Seddon leaves. Can’t see there being much more than that unless we shift some deadwood.

It will be a max of 4 in. (Possibly 1 will be Gorrin signing on some sort of pay as you play deal) . Seddon and Baldock are leaving.

Any others that leave will be replaced beyond that.

It will be a max of 4 in. (Possibly 1 will be Gorrin signing on some sort of pay as you play deal) . Seddon and Baldock are leaving.

If we sign Gorrin on a pay a you play deal that just sounds rediculous that would be a typical KR thing to do

Does anyone know what the percentage sell-on is for McNally (assuming we put one in the deal)? Millwall and Coventry after him apparently and Burnley recently added another CB

Think we will see plenty if activity between now and the end of the window. At least 3 before the first game, and the more as we approach deadline day.

Agree with others that some of our business will be influenced by players leaving. Theres a long list if players that could feasibly go.

If Gorrin proves his fitness and ability to Manning in pre-season, I would love him to stay on. We did miss him last season and would be another good option in a midfield which needs physicality

If Gorrin proves his fitness and ability to Manning in pre-season, I would love him to stay on. We did miss him last season and would be another good option in a midfield which needs physicality

That's my feeling too. 3 positions in midfield occupied by either Brannagan, McGuane, McEachran, Smyth, Gorrin and possibly Johnson.

We could go down the loan route but the problem with loans is the parent club demand their player gets a certain amount of minutes if they're fit.

Brannagan McGuane
McEachran

Is a top 6 midfield in my opinion.

That's my feeling too. 3 positions in midfield occupied by either Brannagan, McGuane, McEachran, Smyth, Gorrin and possibly Johnson.

We could go down the loan route but the problem with loans is the parent club demand their player gets a certain amount of minutes if they're fit.

Brannagan McGuane
McEachran

Is a top 6 midfield in my opinion.
I can't see all three of those being on the pitch at the same time much this season. Judging by the additions we've made so far, with Rodrigues clearly recruited to play as a no.10, as well as the formation of the board in Manning's office it looks to me like the default will be 4-2-3-1 as it was at the end of last season, with McEachran and McGuane (and Smyth) rotating or competing for the spot alongside Brannagan. I don't think we will see another CM come in.

The big problem I have with Gorrin, is not only his nasty injuries he’s had, and general fitness, but he often picks up a booking pretty early in matches, and then he’s pretty much nullified because he’s on a tight rope for 70mins, I love how he breaks up play, and how robust he is when tackling. If he’s over the injuries, and somewhere close to where he was 2 seasons ago I’d offer him a one year deal. Then there is little risk for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom