Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if you guys could have 3 signings for the rest of the transfer window, that is realistic and we have actually been linked to, who'd they be
1. Cumming
2. Corbeanu
3. Quality striker.. not been linked to many

so if you guys could have 3 signings for the rest of the transfer window, that is realistic and we have actually been linked to, who'd they be

Obviously we need more than 3 but if we're playing that game my realistic picks (not necessarily linked to them):

Sam Nombe (Exeter).
Alfie May (Cheltenham).
Panutche Camara (Ipswich, loan).

We will definitely be signing more than 3 and we haven't really been linked with any forwards so far so to answer your question is difficult.

The 3 we've been strongly linked with in

Beadle
Corbeanu
Garbutt

Wikk be great additions.

A player I would like us to sign that we haven't been linked with so far is Sam Smith. I think he would score loads in this squad.

Easty is no different to the rest of the squad , low morale due to the previous managers mind being elsewhere and not on the job in hand ! A change of attitude now a new man is in charge during the latter part of this season just gone says it all !
Still awful at stopping low shots and gets beaten from distance far too much. Manning didn’t and doesn’t change that. That’s a fundamental flaw in his game.

What a load of old tosh!

Do you think that James Beadle who played 10 games for Crewe is guaranteed the number 1 role? How about Jamie Cumming who had worse stats than Eastwood last season?

I'm not against either player, but that doesn't mean that they get a free hit.

Who would you have as no.1 for next season?
Eastwood was s**t last season. He’s got a fundamental flaw of allowing long range pea rollers and he struggles to get down to shots in the corners. That will not of gone unnoticed by manning. Eastwood isn’t a top 6 keeper & we need one.

Someone told me we're after 3. Wether that person is employed by the club or not is none of your business.
Pretty sure manning himself in an interview said he wanted 2 or 3 wingbacks. Thought it was pretty much an open secret that’s what he was looking for.

Choices are limited if it’s just linked players. So, on realistic theme I’d go for;

Tennai Watson
Gavin Whyte or Bryan Fiabema (can’t choose)
Nathan Baxter

Eastwood was s**t last season. He’s got a fundamental flaw of allowing long range pea rollers and he struggles to get down to shots in the corners. That will not of gone unnoticed by manning. Eastwood isn’t a top 6 keeper & we need one.

Can we improve on our current players including goalkeepers? Yes, no one is denying that.

Was Eastwood s**t last season? No. He almost single-handedly kept us up during Mannings time at the club with numerous great saves.

We may well get better, but I don't understand the need to coat off so many of our players.

Across this thread we've had posters say that pretty much every one of the squad aren't good enough and need getting rid of. Earlier today someone was saying that Ciaron Brown was average at best. A few days ago it was Elliott Moore not being good enough. We've had people saying that Brannagan had his head up his a**e and we should be happy if anyone puts a bid in for him.

I know last season was bad and everyone has the right to feel let down, but I don't think that we need to give everyone a kicking, especially as the vast majority of this current squad will still be here next season and likely to play important roles whether starting or as part of the squad.

I'm sure this will be seen as aggressively supporting the players, or being creepy as f**k by some. I just see it as being a supporter! But each to their own I guess!

Can we improve on our current players including goalkeepers? Yes, no one is denying that.

Was Eastwood s**t last season? No. He almost single-handedly kept us up during Mannings time at the club with numerous great saves.

We may well get better, but I don't understand the need to coat off so many of our players.

Across this thread we've had posters say that pretty much every one of the squad aren't good enough and need getting rid of. Earlier today someone was saying that Ciaron Brown was average at best. A few days ago it was Elliott Moore not being good enough. We've had people saying that Brannagan had his head up his a**e and we should be happy if anyone puts a bid in for him.

I know last season was bad and everyone has the right to feel let down, but I don't think that we need to give everyone a kicking, especially as the vast majority of this current squad will still be here next season and likely to play important roles whether starting or as part of the squad.

I'm sure this will be seen as aggressively supporting the players, or being creepy as f**k by some. I just see it as being a supporter! But each to their own I guess!
Ciaron Brown is a squad player for this division, but only at CB. He can’t play left back. It’s what made us so predictable last season. He rarely got forward and his mobility got shown up playing in that position.

Eastwood also got beaten by pea rollers from distance & you could tell his reactions had slowed, the home game against Bolton under manning, He made simple saves look difficult due to his slow movement of his feet & not being able to get across his goal quick enough. He’s been a great servant for the club. No one would deny that but the time for him as Number 1 is up. We have to get better.

Hoping someone got the name wrong and this is the keeper from Brighton. Made his England U21 debut last week.

View attachment 14146
Lincoln had him on loan last season. He’s the guy who made a point blank save against us away at Lincoln from O’donkor’s header. I would love him on loan but fancy he will be going to the championship this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom