Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure someone savvy on photoshop could sharpen the tactics board image and work a few things out! Is Williams still doing the media? Or at least now has some help? The output around the signings has gone up a level along with the graphics. Surprised the board was left in.

Anyway, it’s evident to play the style Manning prefers we need a midfielder that can take the ball under pressure (McEachran) and a GK that’s comfortable with the ball. If Cumming is available, he would clearly be a good addition but there’s probably other options being explored and deciding loan etc.

None the less, we’ve had a good start in the window, hopefully it continues. Only several months to go!

Last edited:
Perm he would be about 500k at least. I reckon a loan with view to a perm with him being OOC next summer

I'm going to have to disagree there. Keepers aren't as valuable as outfield players and there is no way it would take £500k to buy him with only a year left on his contract. He is 23 years old and not in Chelsea's plans.

I'm going to have to disagree there. Keepers aren't as valuable as outfield players and there is no way it would take £500k to buy him with only a year left on his contract. He is 23 years old and not in Chelsea's plans.
I hope you’re right because if we could get him on a permanent signing it would be a massive coup and he would suit the way manning will want our keeper to play.

Who gives a f***?
Seriously, Manning is our manager. We will shortly be in a new season. Some supporters cant seem to forget KR ( he seems to be top of their thoughts all of the time!)
I think it goes to show, just how much ill feeling their was towards KR for a long time, and how much of a negative effect he was having on the entire OUFC community, that he’s being mentioned quite a lot at the moment by many of us (myself included) as we’re seeing such a refreshing change in approach by our new manager, that naturally our previous awful manager is being mentioned a lot in comparison, as there’s a lot of highlighting how much happier we all are to have such a clearly better manager and person in charge.

But I agree, it really is time to move on, and I think once the mess that clown left behind is cleaned up, the new squad is built and the season gets started, he’ll be referred to less and less.

I bloody hope so anyway!

As I remember it Woodburn looked far better for us when he was moved back into central midfield, but he got that injury soon after
Pretty sure Woodburn missed an absolute sitter early in the season.

Open goal and he contrived to hit the woodwork. Have a feeling the game was close at the time but we ended up winning something like 3-1.

Anyone else remember this?

Who gives a f***?
Seriously, Manning is our manager. We will shortly be in a new season. Some supporters cant seem to forget KR ( he seems to be top of their thoughts all of the time!)
Love it when people answer their own question

Pretty sure Woodburn missed an absolute sitter early in the season.

Open goal and he contrived to hit the woodwork. Have a feeling the game was close at the time but we ended up winning something like 3-1.

Anyone else remember this?
I remember vividly him missing from a couple of yards.

Trent Alexander Arnold and Ben Woodburns Dad were sat in front of us in the SSU.

I don't think they could believe he'd missed it either by their reaction

Nixon's stories are out - as a non subscriber can only see headlines, but "Chelsea keeper wanted by Bolton" could be Cummings? Not sure where we are mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom