Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think forget about Nombe/Johnson Harris options as too expensive for us and forget about eisa and marriott as neither club will sell. We will more than likely sign a championship/prem loanee we have never heard off, if so we will have to trust our recruitment team. They have been pretty good so far.

Coburn signed a new 4 year deal with Boro in July.
Loan only then, Would take him on loan. Plymouth are a good judge of player & if they were rumoured to be interested this window I'd be happy with him signing. Hopefully some news today & we have a quiet Friday.

It's transfer eve so only one more day where I can post. Have we signed another striker yet? 😏

That was a particularly insane part of KR's drain circling, a world of options and we spend all summer courting someone who clearly doesn't want to play anymore (not to mention the fact he also clearly wasn't much cop)
He would’ve spent the summer chasing Waghorn while the likes of Ally McCoist and Efan Ekoku played up front all pre-season. Then he would’ve blown his top because he spent three months thinking he could get Cole Palmer on loan, only for Chelsea to nip in and sign him on a permanent for £40million like a complete bunch of bastards.

Meanwhile, we would be on two points rather than 12 and people would be lining up to say that it doesn’t matter. You can’t expect to go to Derby and Barnsley and come back with anything, you idiots.

To be fair I think this was the point @tonyw was making, although you've been more forceful. I'm not sure any rational fan has any hope for him really despite putting in nearly 90 minutes of good performances over the entire course of last season.

It's also telling that he only made it onto the bench after Browne's injury and wasn't trusted to come on with the game in the balance, Manning preferring to bring a couple of teenagers in Mills and GOD on late on to turn and then hold the game. It'll be interesting to see if he even makes the bench this week as Perkins will surely be in the squad, I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't.
What exactly is Murphy’s problem? On the face of it from the little we've seen of him, he’s a talent.

What exactly is Murphy’s problem? On the face of it from the little we've seen of him, he’s a talent.
I think the truth of it is only Murphy really knows. Is it really an injury? Is it a lack of passion for the game? Is it attitude? Is it ego? Does he dislike Manning? Home life? Mental health? Who knows. It’s nothing we haven’t seen a million times before at all levels and various clubs right up as high as Cristiano Ronaldo at Man Utd.

Whatever it is, Manning doesn’t even have enough sympathy to throw him on for a token few minutes. He’s made the bench once in the league despite being (publicly) declared unfit for just one. No matter what the match scenario he’s overlooked - the closing stages of Charlton were perfect for him but does anybody really think he would be where Goodrham and Mills were for the goal? Full sprint on the counter with 5 mins to go? If Manning believed he would be, he’d be playing.

No doubting his technical ability but look at McGuane who is technically as good or better and has played for far bigger clubs and still embracing it at this level. Has to start from within and it’s obviously not there with Murphy.

He would’ve spent the summer chasing Waghorn while the likes of Ally McCoist and Efan Ekoku played up front all pre-season. Then he would’ve blown his top because he spent three months thinking he could get Cole Palmer on loan, only for Chelsea to nip in and sign him on a permanent for £40million like a complete bunch of bastards.

Meanwhile, we would be on two points rather than 12 and people would be lining up to say that it doesn’t matter. You can’t expect to go to Derby and Barnsley and come back with anything, you idiots.
……. and some on this forum saying “It doesn’t matter; we always start slowly with KR, but we’ll make it all up with a good patch near Christmas….”

... the closing stages of Charlton were perfect for him but does anybody really think he would be where Goodrham and Mills were for the goal? Full sprint on the counter with 5 mins to go?
That's the frustrating thing, I could absolutely imagine him doing that.

The women's World Cup would of held the market up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom