Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often agree with you Kip.

But when it comes to this wee tune of yours, being played out of any context, just 3 hours after another fantastic win?

Perhaps you can have a day off?
Honestly, not intending to be negative and sorry if it comes across that way. I actually have no complaints and think that we are clearly trying to get the right players in.

Don’t see the reasoning in paying that amount for a 28 year old, when younger forwards like Nombe maybe more expensive.
But may return that cost and maybe much more in the future.

Mark Thomas was at the game today. Days until the transfer window closes - the busiest week of the entire year for any recruitment head - and he was at Oxford v Charlton.

Wonder who he was there to see.
You’d hope he’s seen enough of our lot not to need to see them again

After 70 minutes minutes against Carlisle we were no better than the worst Robinson team, 2 weeks later we're serious promotion candidates.

I'm as positive as anyone, but it's still exceptionally early and we'll see a lot change between now and May. Port Vale lost 7-0 on the opening day and are currently 6th. Barnsley who won by that scoreline are 12th. Peterborough won the first 3, but then beat by Northampton and humiliated at home to Derby, who also lost 2 of their 3 home games.

We're looking good, and have a real backbone to the side along with genuine pace. I don't think I've ever seen an Oxford team that looks so good on the counter attack or so quick at getting the ball forward with purpose. We have genuine strength in depth with McEachran looking a class apart 2 weeks ago, now unable to get a look in. Gats has developed so much over the closed season, but could soon be 4th choice striker. Negru looks like someone with 200 games under his belt. Tyler is something else.

So much to be positive about, and hopefully still more to come. But for now I'll just enjoy each and every game without adding an open top bus to the positive fleet just yet.

Mark Thomas was at the game today. Days until the transfer window closes - the busiest week of the entire year for any recruitment head - and he was at Oxford v Charlton.

It'll need to be a free transfer or a sell on clause as they aren't paying actual fees apparently. They signed a midfielder (Fornah I think) for a significant sell on clause only this week.

Looking at their business so far either someone in or knocking on for their 30's or a wasted trip, most of their signings so far don't seem Thomas-esque.

How good did Leigh look ! Every pass was positive and with purpose and he’s on the move straight away. Really liked the look of him.
Wasn't on long but really positive, it won't be long before he replaces Brown. You can never doubt Brown's attitude and commitment but I think a lot of fans will soon see what we've been missing when Leigh is there regularly. Also no mug defensively.

Wasn't on long but really positive, it won't be long before he replaces Brown. You can never doubt Brown's attitude and commitment but I think a lot of fans will soon see what we've been missing when Leigh is there regularly. Also no mug defensively.
Leigh will play next week.

I certainly hope and think so.
Manning is a decent bloke, but he also strikes me as ruthless.

He effectively let Brown and the fans all know at the same what happens next. I think Brown, good pro that he is, will come to respect that. He’s been a warrior - Leigh is a suitably quality signing to replace him.

Cheers Ciaron - you’ve been brilliant and I’ve no doubt you’ll play plenty more games for us. A good guy to have around.

Honestly, not intending to be negative and sorry if it comes across that way. I actually have no complaints and think that we are clearly trying to get the right players in.
200w.gif

Cheers Ciaron - you’ve been brilliant and I’ve no doubt you’ll play plenty more games for us. A good guy to have around.
A committed, professional player who is available pretty much every week and could come in at a moments notice to play more than one position in more than one formation. Exactly the sort of player we need even with Leigh on board.

The “ruthless” approach to the first XI would be a trait that Manning shared with the last two managers that achieved something tangible at OUFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom