Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to see the positivity around Cosgrove and some saying that he did well at Argyle. By the end of his loan spell there he wasn’t rated at all by most of their fans having made a good start.

Quite the read and it just goes to show Tory values. Rich scum.

Plymouth mate on Cosgrove: Scored some crucial goals for us. 2 away at Derby on debut, 3 in pizza cup against Dons to get us to Wembley.. But generally didn’t do enough, esp for a big man. Was the 1 loan no one really wanted back for Champ. Decent enough tho.

Perhaps the most telling point is that Plymouth don’t want him back having signed all other loanees from last season. That said he offers something completely different to what we have.

Perhaps the most telling point is that Plymouth don’t want him back having signed all other loanees from last season. That said he offers something completely different to what we have.
Bit of a difference being good in League One vs The Championship.

Probably plenty of our squad we would be happy to have now but wouldn't want in the Championship if we got there.

Bit of a difference being good in League One vs The Championship.

Probably plenty of our squad we would be happy to have now but wouldn't want in the Championship if we got there.
Oh yeh I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him for that reason just thought it worth pointing out.

I would happily take Cosgrove here. Big and Physical not got bad pace either for someone so tall. Something completely different to what we have. Would be good in away games if we need to go direct

Tyler Burey was in the directors box yesterday

Surely he can't be just coming in on loan the time it's took to get this transfer over the line.

Cosgrove, Burey, New LB and another midfielder will be a decent end to the window.

Can’t say I’m a big fan of Cosgrove. I know the remit for a striker seems to be ‘scored some goals at this level before’ but Gooden/Marriott/Cosgrove are all of different profiles (assuming the interest is legit).

I would like Burey, I think he adds some pace and physicality whilst covering a few positions. If he came in, I’m not sure where that would leave Wildschut/Murphy.

I’m a big fan of Jay Stansfield, thought he looked an excellent all round striker whilst at Exeter. Similar profile to Harris but has the ability to create for others also.

A big unit up there would have done very well with the service from Beadle yesterday. Yes please.

Can’t say I’m a big fan of Cosgrove. I know the remit for a striker seems to be ‘scored some goals at this level before’ but Gooden/Marriott/Cosgrove are all of different profiles (assuming the interest is legit).
Cosgrove has only scored 16 goals in 126 English league and cup games. Although I don’t know if he’s a better foil / creator, in the same way that Ryan Taylor would only get 6/7 goals a season but would be absolutely pivotal in helping to create a fair few more.

Linked with a new striker

Yellows forum member - immediately checks height

Jokes aside I think he would be a decent signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom