Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We rarely use Trialists so I’d imagine it’s just Watkins again. I am interested to see who the left back was tho.

Why does the club keep the identity of trialists a secret?

Mingi was wanted by West Brom, Huddersfield and Birmingham in January. Left Portsmouth when his contract expired last month but due to his age and Portsmouth offering him a new deal, will cost a fee. Possibly via tribunal.

All clubs do
Why though - I've never quite figured it out.

Although we had Jodi Jones and Jerome Sinclair on trial last pre-season, and they weren't kept a secret. (I guess the matches also weren't behind closed doors. This BCD thing seems a new development.)

I'd be surprised if it was Mingi given Manning has said he doesn't want a holding midfielder and doesn't want to waste people's time. Getting a holding midfielder on trial days later would be a bit counter-productive

What benefit would there be to announce them? The last thing you want is for a player to have a successful trial only for another club to snap them up because they were impressed with how he performed on trial with us.
You'd hope club research would go a little bit deeper than that!

You'd hope club research would go a little bit deeper than that!
Not necessarily, we've actually done it ourselves. A player called Rob Hughes (Hooze) in the Talbot days was an unnamed trialist against us for Farnborough Town. He had a good game, we found out who he was and signed him.

I was surprised by that, given Sinclair was only playing as he couldn’t be arsed to help clean the soft drinks machine at the shop.

Difference was we had that clown in charge last pre season who failed to bring any players in, so he started naming trialists to try and get us excited, shame one worked at a knock off KFC .

I was surprised by that, given Sinclair was only playing as he couldn’t be arsed to help clean the soft drinks machine at the shop.
If you ever have to clean a soft drinks machine, you'd also do everything possible to get out of doing it again.

Next time you go to McDonald's and they tell you the shake machine is broken, they're lying.

Difference was we had that clown in charge last pre season who failed to bring any players in, so he started naming trialists to try and get us excited, shame one worked at a knock off KFC .
How dare you.

He owns the knock off KFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom