Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me old fashioned but I'd just love the striking partnership of Yemi Odubade and Rob Duffy again. We've been lacking someone who can knock it 10 yards into the box and drop at the slightest contact to win us a penalty every game.

Then a striker who offers virtually nothing for 90 minutes but has that world class composure from the spot. Flawless combination play.
I'll forgive Yemi's many, many flaws as a professional footballer, simply on account of the chip against Tony Roberts on live TV. One of the undisputed highlights of the Conference years.

I'll forgive Yemi's many, many flaws as a professional footballer, simply on account of the chip against Tony Roberts on live TV. One of the undisputed highlights of the Conference years.
…., and a bit of a fluke, to be honest? Great to watch though!

I see that Josh Maja is being released by Bordeaux. Any chance we could be in for him after LM mentioned looking at France for a striker.

Been reported he’s got offers from the Championship and Rangers. 16 goals for Bordeaux last year.

Call me old fashioned but I’d just love us to sign a Paul Moody type of CF as a different option up front. Someone to rough up opposition centre backs, hold the ball up and get on the end of corners and crosses 🤷🏻‍♂️
1688457497928.png
Not quite Paul Moody, but Pigott is a combative player, who is good in the air. Always remember him causing us grief.

I think we're all agreed Seddon isn't good enough to be honest. Would be a short conversation as he's the only left back currently at the club.
Was Brown born a centre back then? In the same way Josh Ruffels was born a centre midfielder?

I see that Josh Maja is being released by Bordeaux. Any chance we could be in for him after LM mentioned looking at France for a striker
View attachment 14388
Not quite Paul Moody, but Pigott is a combative player, who is good in the air. Always remember him causing us grief.
a friend of mine who’s an Ipswich fan rate him as a decent league one player ….. Ipswich are fishing in a different pool to us …. Def a player we should be looking at

Not good enough imo
I'm on the fence with Pigott, I'm not saying we should or should not sign him, just replying to Yellowbow's craving for a more old-fashioned type forward.

When Pigott was at Wimbledon, he was their stand-out player, but since, not been playing so much. Pigott would be a different option to what we've had in recent seasons.

Bang average he was. Wasn’t any good done a steady job. I would have him as cover but not a starter

Defo will not🤣 Brown wasnt any good last season he was ok out of a s**t bunch. Didn’t do anything spectacular for me
You need to focus on your exams rather than repeating yourself on here. It’s a very important time for you

It seems like people are firmly entrenched in the Brown debate, and whilst I see the point and the need for a new LB (both for squad depth and for wing back suitability), I don’t think Brown is as bad as some are making out. In fact, he’s not bad at all so I’m baffled with this debate in that regards.

Whether or not you think he’s a suitable LB would probably come down to personal preference of what you want your LB to be. Are you looking for a defensively-solid full-back who will occasionally support attacks, or are you looking for a dynamic wing-back that will look to attack more than defend?

In the former I think Brown is very good, and the latter Brown in decent. I probably think his best position would be the left side CB of a back three, or playing that full-back position.

If Seddon’s on his way out we do need another LB in the squad (we have 51+ games this season and can make 5 subs a game!) and it should be one who can play as a wing back. It’s why the debate is a bit of a moot point, whatever you think, we need a new one anyway.
Agreed - as much as we all love a flying full-back, it's interesting to note so many taking Brown's clear defensive strength at LB for granted. I can't think of winger who has dominated him since he's been here.

Anyone know much about Mark Harris, released by Cardiff the other day?
We've been linked before. Hard working player but not ever been clinical in front of goal. Some similarities with Joseph I think.

Bang average he was. Wasn’t any good done a steady job. I would have him as cover but not a starter

Defo will not🤣 Brown wasnt any good last season he was ok out of a s**t bunch. Didn’t do anything spectacular for me
Jake, I’ve got a spare stamp, could you write all your football knowledge on it please so it’s all in one place. Don’t worry if you can’t fill it.

Agreed - as much as we all love a flying full-back, it's interesting to note so many taking Brown's clear defensive strength at LB for granted. I can't think of winger who has dominated him since he's been here.
Agreed, he is similar in his limitations to Joe Skarz, who was a robust defender. Baldock, bombing forward on the right and Skarz, steady on the left of defence, was an excellent combination. I don't know if Fin is a forward-thinking fullback, but I think the focus should be on forward players now, and maybe later in preseason look at left back if a decent player become available.

You’re all as bad as each other. I speak for everyone when I say, we’re so bored of this back and forth.

That’s just my opinion I know people are gonna hate it.
Jake, just to be clear....

..it is not your opinion people hate, it is the fact that you feel the need to repeat it ad infinitum.

You are not the first (jand no doubt won't be the last), but are just the latest in a long line of posters who endlessly repeat the same (valid, but perhaps unremarkable, and certainly not original ) point as though it is some groundbreaking Einsteinian insight...(just look at the various KR threads).and patience is beginning to run very thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom