Current Player Stuart Findlay

I watched Killie's opening game vs Rangers and they have a lad on the right, Daniel Armstrong, who was very decent. In his mid-20's. Complete pot shot opinion from me off the back of one game but if he's like that most weeks and we have a vacancy, give them the opportunity to keep Findlay as part of a deal. He was fantastic - far better than any Rangers player on the day.

Not shocked at all that Findlay is doing well back home. He will be happy there, regaining his confidence and knows the league well. He joined a circus here under a self-sabotaging ringmaster and once the Ipswich game became his fault, he was never the same. But he was never built for this brand of football anyway. Let's hope he continues to do well and somebody comes in with a decent offer over the next 12 months.
I'd be reluctant to blow £600k on a player you've seen have a good game in the only game you've seen him play, I'd like to think our recruitment team were a bit more thorough than that.

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation Colin, which I understand. With our new management structure, why don't we recall him back to fight for his place with us? With Kilmarnock currently 4th in the Scottish Premiership they appear to be benefiting from paying just a small proportion of his wages. I think he has played in most of their premiership games. Probably not that simple ,but as you say we are paying for a very expensive mistake.
I don't think he suits the way we want to play, either now or when Manning was here. To be honest I don't think he suited the way KR wanted to play either, which makes his pursuit of Findlay even more baffling.

I don't think he's a bad player, in a certain style of play, but that style of play is not the Oxford United one. I think sometimes you have to admit you've made a mistake (club and player) and try to find the least damaging and economic way of resolving it.

I don't think he suits the way we want to play, either now or when Manning was here. To be honest I don't think he suited the way KR wanted to play either, which makes his pursuit of Findlay even more baffling.

I don't think he's a bad player, in a certain style of play, but that style of play is not the Oxford United one. I think sometimes you have to admit you've made a mistake (club and player) and try to find the least damaging and economic way of resolving it.
If club and player made a mistake, it certainly feels like the club is bearing the full cost of it at the moment.

We pass it around at the back, our centre backs have made the most passes of any of our players, Findlay can’t pass the ball so bringing him back means a complete change of style. I think you have to hold your hands up and admit you have made a mistake sometimes, Findlay was definitely one of those.

Hopefully Kilmarnock want him full time this summer but more likely I can see him being loaned out to them, or some other Scottish team again.

We pass it around at the back, our centre backs have made the most passes of any of our players, Findlay can’t pass the ball so bringing him back means a complete change of style. I think you have to hold your hands up and admit you have made a mistake sometimes, Findlay was definitely one of those.

Hopefully Kilmarnock want him full time this summer but more likely I can see him being loaned out to them, or some other Scottish team again.
Let’s hope so for everyone’s sake.

It’s easy to forget Robinson’s lazy summer of ‘22 and the disastrous signings/ contract decisions he made back then.

Findlay. Wildshcut. McGinty. Anderson. Murphy. Jones. Baldock .Brown. Henry.

A top budget spiked on the above, near enough a full team. A team that was heading for relegation to Division 4.

Manning and Waldron did a commendable job to begin to sort out the mess left by Robinson, that continues in this January window, but more work will still be need in the summer to fully begin to recover from Robinson’s awful mismanagement of our great club.

It’s easy to forget Robinson’s lazy summer of ‘22 and the disastrous signings/ contract decisions he made back then.

Findlay. Wildshcut. McGinty. Anderson. Murphy. Jones. Baldock .Brown. Henry.

A top budget spiked on the above, near enough a full team. A team that was heading for relegation to Division 4.

Very very harsh to include Brown in that list!

That was one excellent bit of recruitment (both on loan in January and then permanent in the Summer) - though I suspect it was by accident more than design (and is very much the exception that proves the rule).

Very very harsh to include Brown in that list!

That was one excellent bit of recruitment (both on loan in January and then permanent in the Summer) - though I suspect it was by accident more than design (and is very much the exception that proves the rule).

My mistake, I meant Marcus Browne. Who admittedly was signed earlier in 2022.

That’s a good point - is Baldock still counting against our budget until the end of the season?

My mistake, I meant Marcus Browne. Who admittedly was signed earlier in 2022.
Anderson has no place on that list either. Would absolutely walk into our current team.

Otherwise I agree, it was a shambolic summer that cost us then, is costing us now and will likely continue to cost us next season as well as we keep paying Findlay to play for someone else. So much damage done in a couple of months.

Talking of Browne, half of his career appearances (44 out of 89) and half of his career goals (9 out of 17) came in the season he was on loan for us in 2018/19, he is 26 and that is the only season he has ever really managed, just shows how bad our transfer windows in 2022 were.

They're not in our good books at the minute, but the Price of Football podcast mentioned Kilmarnock's owners had just put some more money into the club as they target Europe in the next couple of seasons. Could potentially improve our chances of flogging them Findlay permanently?

Am not sure what impact he’s having on Kilmarnock, currently sitting in 4th place.
Please to see that Greg Steward is there (and not here).
Would like to see Stu be evaluated next preseason.

We know all about Findlay, decent stopper but can't play out from the back with him there unless you tweak it so he is missed out (which is hard to do as you have one less man to close down) or you abandon doing that (which I can't see happening). He was the wrong signing given a ridiculous contract, not certain having him as cover is a better solution than having him out on loan saving some money, ideally Kilmarnock or someone else would sign him but his wages will be a stumbling block unless we pay up the difference.

If you're getting bombed with long balls, then difficult to imagine a better centre-back pairing than Moore and Findlay.
But passing around the back, as we are currently set up for? Hoo boy no thanks!
Moore and Brown? To be fair passing out from the back is also Brown's weakest area.