Current Player Stuart Findlay

I watched Killie's opening game vs Rangers and they have a lad on the right, Daniel Armstrong, who was very decent. In his mid-20's. Complete pot shot opinion from me off the back of one game but if he's like that most weeks and we have a vacancy, give them the opportunity to keep Findlay as part of a deal. He was fantastic - far better than any Rangers player on the day.

Not shocked at all that Findlay is doing well back home. He will be happy there, regaining his confidence and knows the league well. He joined a circus here under a self-sabotaging ringmaster and once the Ipswich game became his fault, he was never the same. But he was never built for this brand of football anyway. Let's hope he continues to do well and somebody comes in with a decent offer over the next 12 months.
Yes, I really hope he does brilliantly for them, so that they might make an offer to take over his contract in January. I'm not sure if they would be able to pay him the same as he is here, but he seems like a decent bloke, so may be willing to compromise.

Having a great season with Kilmarnock. Is it time to cash in and make his transfer permanent?

Having a great season with Kilmarnock. Is it time to cash in and make his transfer permanent?
Wouldn’t be a bad idea as I can’t see any future for him here.
He still has another 2 and half years on his contract with us which the club won’t want to pay up.

Offer them Findlay on a permanent plus cash (the £400k we were prepared to throw at Marriott maybe) for Armstrong, a right winger/striker. Talk of a £600k price tag and January interest. Have him here in a heartbeat.

Offer them Findlay on a permanent plus cash (the £400k we were prepared to throw at Marriott maybe) for Armstrong, a right winger/striker. Talk of a £600k price tag and January interest. Have him here in a heartbeat.
Mayo for me.

There's no option to "cash in" as such with Findlay. Damage limitation maybe the best we can hope for.

He's currently sitting on a long term, lucrative contract with us. Kilmarnock are paying a small percentage of his wages with us. There's no way they would pay him anywhere near what he's currently earning, and there's no way he'll just rip up the contract and accept one on far less money. The best we can hope for is to get a higher percentage of his wages paid by either Kilmarnock or another club next season. We might, at the end of next season, be able to do a deal to get him off our books, but I think we're probably stuck with him for the next 18 months, and maybe longer. If anything happens sooner it will be because we've decided to bite the bullet and pay him off all, or a large part, of his contract.

His signing was a very expensive mistake.

Does anyone remember why we targeted him - wasn't he someone we tracked for years?

(and I'd still play him over Thorniley, for what it's worth.)

I'd bring him back just to test the water, let's see if he wants to terminate his contract with us for the warm comfort of Scotland.

The only thing that pissed me off re Findlay was all the hype, that KR had been chasing him for ages, he had cost a fortune, then turned out to be below even bang average.
Such a let down

There's no option to "cash in" as such with Findlay. Damage limitation maybe the best we can hope for.

He's currently sitting on a long term, lucrative contract with us. Kilmarnock are paying a small percentage of his wages with us. There's no way they would pay him anywhere near what he's currently earning, and there's no way he'll just rip up the contract and accept one on far less money. The best we can hope for is to get a higher percentage of his wages paid by either Kilmarnock or another club next season. We might, at the end of next season, be able to do a deal to get him off our books, but I think we're probably stuck with him for the next 18 months, and maybe longer. If anything happens sooner it will be because we've decided to bite the bullet and pay him off all, or a large part, of his contract.

His signing was a very expensive mistake.
Thanks for the comprehensive explanation Colin, which I understand. With our new management structure, why don't we recall him back to fight for his place with us? With Kilmarnock currently 4th in the Scottish Premiership they appear to be benefiting from paying just a small proportion of his wages. I think he has played in most of their premiership games. Probably not that simple ,but as you say we are paying for a very expensive mistake.

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation Colin, which I understand. With our new management structure, why don't we recall him back to fight for his place with us? With Kilmarnock currently 4th in the Scottish Premiership they appear to be benefiting from paying just a small proportion of his wages. I think he has played in most of their premiership games. Probably not that simple ,but as you say we are paying for a very expensive mistake.
It was Manning who decided he didn't want Findlay so now DB has come in I suppose there is a possibility that Findlay could come back