Current Player Stuart Findlay

Moore and Brown? To be fair passing out from the back is also Brown's weakest area.
It is, but he's much, much better than Findlay with the ball at his feet.

What a nightmare signing he has been - a fee, long contract and a significant wage.

I imagine we'll cut our losses in the summer but his salary might be a stumbling block for that. Hopefully he has a very good second half of the season and one of the bigger clubs north of the border takes him on.

What a nightmare signing he has been - a fee, long contract and a significant wage.

I imagine we'll cut our losses in the summer but his salary might be a stumbling block for that. Hopefully he has a very good second half of the season and one of the bigger clubs north of the border takes him on.

Who in Scotland can afford his wage? The big two could but wont want him. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen perhaps but I can't see that happening. After those 5 clubs all Scottish teams are pretty small and won't pay a centre back what we pay him, we will have to subsidise his wages at the likes of Kilmarnock.

Like you say, dreadful signing, add in all the effort we went to get him as well.

Who in Scotland can afford his wage? The big two could but wont want him. Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen perhaps but I can't see that happening. After those 5 clubs all Scottish teams are pretty small and won't pay a centre back what we pay him, we will have to subsidise his wages at the likes of Kilmarnock.

Like you say, dreadful signing, add in all the effort we went to get him as well.
Yes I'm hoping rather than expecting really.

Am not sure what impact he’s having on Kilmarnock, currently sitting in 4th place.
Please to see that Greg Steward is there (and not here).
Would like to see Stu be evaluated next preseason.

Hopefully they get into Europe and make a wedge so they can afford him.

True. I find it amazing that modern footballers of any position manage to get through the academy system without being able to use their feet!

• Haha
Reactions: MJB
What do the likes of Kilmarnock pay players?
Typically around £2k a week but you have to remember the cost of living is different up there. Findlay will most likely have a lifestyle of royalty up there, hopefully that's enough to persuade him to stay, otherwise it'd be a case of returning to his bedsit down here.

Good get him off the wage bill please. To think KR chased him for 3 years. What a waste!

You have to have someone willing to match that wage bill.
...or have someone offer him a 3 year deal with reduced wages, the extra year might swing things for him. But I can't see that happening, why should a club shell out money when they know we are desperate to get him off our books. I think it'll be another loan deal next year unfortunately.

I would keep him if we are still a league 1 club .Useful player to the squad and he's always match fit unlike some of January's recruitment .

...or have someone offer him a 3 year deal with reduced wages, the extra year might swing things for him. But I can't see that happening, why should a club shell out money when they know we are desperate to get him off our books. I think it'll be another loan deal next year unfortunately.
The only thing is that he was suggesting that he would like something permanent sorted (and somebody else could come in for him/ we could take him back).
Maybe with a bit of a pay off to Findlay, he could get a 3 year deal with Kilmarnock?
Who knows, but it seems in everybody's interst if something could be done

The only thing is that he was suggesting that he would like something permanent sorted (and somebody else could come in for him/ we could take him back).
Maybe with a bit of a pay off to Findlay, he could get a 3 year deal with Kilmarnock?
Who knows, but it seems in everybody's interst if something could be done

Also, if Findlay wants to go there then he is going to have to compromise and accept a bit of a hit to his earnings compared to what we'd pay him.

I have nothing to back this up but I'd be surprised if the cost of living is as high where he is now compared to Oxfordshire anyway.