Stocks and shares investing

That’s what I think too. I’ve worked in banking and their balance sheet looks rock solid. I’m only in to the tune of 4000 x .3329
40 would see a nice profit.
I’m looking at shares that shot up a couple of days for an opportunity later. I like Redrow...went up 71 on Monday.
I think also M and S will improve after lockdown finishes. New management team, good food store and improving clothing designs.
I am more patient these days and not too worried if stocks drop when I buy. So long as they look good value.
Also I keep an eye on Legal and General. Once they drop back I’ll be in

👍.. I decided to go back in over the last few months on certain stocks because I was happy to have a LTH and wait for vaccine news. They seemed very cheap and it seems so far my timing (for once!) was pretty good.

Trying to improve my game by spending more analytical time on candle charts, doji‘s, bollinger bands and EMA etc etc, probably very much your game if you are in banking, but in reality what happened this week would have caught many with their pants down I think.

I am glad you mentioned L&G, I added that into the portfolio at £2 average. Also the likes of BP £2, NWG £1.13 , PRU £9.50 and Melrose £1.12 All behaving themselves so far.... but who knows. Once I see reasonable profits I tend to take some stake money back “for my sanity“

Also a bit too much time on my hands at the moment so having some fun with small caps... I.e Aston Martin, various minerss/oil [Attis Oil, Alba, Bezant, Panthera to name a few) and some bio stock...

All a rollercoaster of a ride and pretty much “Value Trap” stock, but boy oh boy it’s a lot of fun 🙈😬

Good Luck All.

General view among the dedicated is 900+ but they are prone to speculators dipping in and out.
I bought in at an average price of 740 so 800+ is a reasonable profit. Not planning on selling yet though, hanging on for that magic 900 spot!

Im in too high on this (about a quid above you) so £9 would be great!

I had AML a while back at 46 and sold at 56...small profit as only1000 held. I’m not really into speculation.
I like the look of KWG Kingswood. Had a tidy profit 19 to 22...now 32. I would look to buy on weakness. Not many thankfully have latched on to that one. It’s an expanding accountancy firm that have taken over three companies in the last year. Not quite into profit as they’ve increased their operations.
Melrose is a nice one.
I am looking at Aviva as that should be a nice earner over the next two years or so

Our investment club has £35k in its portfolio after a couple of years of investing. 4 months ago, we were 30% down....as of today we are 4% up - rollercoaster doesn't begin to describe it!

Bought into Rolls Royce on Friday which was good timing and our brewery stocks are looking healthier than they were.

Hopefully a bit more stability going forward.

Our investment club has £35k in its portfolio after a couple of years of investing. 4 months ago, we were 30% down....as of today we are 4% up - rollercoaster doesn't begin to describe it!

Bought into Rolls Royce on Friday which was good timing and our brewery stocks are looking healthier than they were.

Hopefully a bit more stability going forward.

Could have made an absolute killing on Rolls Royce over these past few months... But instead I got heavily caught up in the Big Dipper and went against all my rules and bailed out at a loss.

What I should have done was hold my nerve and believed in my investment decision.... even after years of doing this it is, as you say, a rollercoaster of a ride that can still mess with your mind.

I can’t face looking at Rolls Royce at the moment 🤣.

Good luck to you 👌

I’m actually wonder8ng about trading in profitable share deals and investing elsewhere.
On second thoughts I’m waiting until the rise tails off

Good few days for my Remote Monitor Systems (RMS)... looks like the coming few weeks could be interesting too, if any of you fancy a punt.

Best news for the US markets was no majority in Senate or House of Representatives. That effectively will curtail legislation which maintains a high degree of certainty so the outlook for Q4 20 and Q1 21 will be positive. Not sure how much of that has already been discounted by the markets. I can see Dow Jones and Nasdaq hitting highs through Q1 21.
Assuming a Biden presidency expect 2022 to be the positive market year, based on historic market movements under democratic presidents.

Best news for the US markets was no majority in Senate or House of Representatives. That effectively will curtail legislation which maintains a high degree of certainty so the outlook for Q4 20 and Q1 21 will be positive. Not sure how much of that has already been discounted by the markets. I can see Dow Jones and Nasdaq hitting highs through Q1 21.
Assuming a Biden presidency expect 2022 to be the positive market year, based on historic market movements under democratic presidents.
I wish I knew what all that meant. 😟

There’s talk about stockopaedia on one of the forums. Seems you have to to take a subscription but can a couple of freebies.
I’m just reading How To Own The World by Andrew Craig...looks interesting so far

There’s talk about stockopaedia on one of the forums. Seems you have to to take a subscription but can a couple of freebies.
I’m just reading How To Own The World by Andrew Craig...looks interesting so far
What forum?

Back
Top Bottom