Stocks and shares investing

Markets rising nicely today. One bright light is Taylor Wimpey. Although showing a small loss on this deal, promise of a dividend soon and better than expected results on their way
11% up today, I am still down 33%!!!

Made a couple of decent profits last week, namely Tilray, for a 45% profit. They announce earnings today, so may have been a smart move to sell, or a crap one! Either way, a $27 profit is good.

Seeing a few rising this morning. The Hut Group has proved a good move, got in a few weeks back at £6.09 and now trading £7 plus. Went back into City of London as well (mainly for long term as they are one of the best performing dividends) That's up as well but small stuff.
Ox Bio is still doing very nicely hovering around 10% up. My "free share" is pants, of course, down 30% (Bloom Energy) but, who knows, a US share recovery should be on the way with Trump gone. Another one lurking could be Circassia - had a good spell and then faded badly but now recovering. Just under 25p a share now but was double that a while ago.

Gutted I took a chunk out of Taylor Wimpey not too long ago, still got a bit on them but they’ve had one hell of a day

Go-Pro, Halfords and 888 have been rather stellar for me.

Anyone want a free share? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sad day to own Beyond meat, McDonald’s has announced they’re making their own meat free burger and I’m down 10%

Luckily Shake shack has more than made up for that for me

Quite a day...

Clawed my way out of some short term Cineworld losses (after the 2nd bond postponement - ouch) to make a reasonable gain.

BP all good
Prudential proved to be a decent but @ £9.50a week or so back.

Informa also a decent rise today.

Not so good... Synairgen and Genedrive... backed the wrong horses 🤣

Who mentioned Serco 🤔

Alba Minerals still stuck in resistance, could go either way on news 😜

Last edited:
Lloyds also showing signs of recovery contrary to what many expected.
It has a solid balance sheet and will be paying a dividend next year

Lloyds also showing signs of recovery contrary to what many expected.
It has a solid balance sheet and will be paying a dividend next year

Got into Lloyds at a shade under 25p a few months back..

Do you think this has the legs to go to 45p-50p once we are rolling out the vaccine? It was touching 65-70 p pre Covid so factoring in the threat of Bad Debts on failed loans.. 45-50p still seems Possible.

Where do you think OxBio could push to ML.
General view among the dedicated is 900+ but they are prone to speculators dipping in and out.
I bought in at an average price of 740 so 800+ is a reasonable profit. Not planning on selling yet though, hanging on for that magic 900 spot!

Got into Lloyds at a shade under 25p a few months back..

Do you think this has the legs to go to 45p-50p once we are rolling out the vaccine? It was touching 65-70 p pre Covid so factoring in the threat of Bad Debts on failed loans.. 45-50p still seems Possible.
That’s what I think too. I’ve worked in banking and their balance sheet looks rock solid. I’m only in to the tune of 4000 x .3329
40 would see a nice profit.
I’m looking at shares that shot up a couple of days for an opportunity later. I like Redrow...went up 71 on Monday.
I think also M and S will improve after lockdown finishes. New management team, good food store and improving clothing designs.
I am more patient these days and not too worried if stocks drop when I buy. So long as they look good value.
Also I keep an eye on Legal and General. Once they drop back I’ll be in

Back
Top Bottom