Stocks and shares investing

This is the one I’m thinking of
Can’t load file as it is too large
The site on Facebook is U.K. Stockmarket AIM and FTSE Shares Trading and Investing

I tend to visit the lse share chat BB’s. Lots of information and hints on here BUT you have to cut through a lot of the bullshit from some morons on there. Always DYOR.

Also, the proactive investor website is really useful together with Zac Mir share Talk.

I tend to visit the lse share chat BB’s. Lots of information and hints on here BUT you have to cut through a lot of the bullshit from some morons on there. Always DYOR.

Also, the proactive investor website is really useful together with Zac Mir share Talk.
You are right. There is so much hype on SYME on one forum. I think all the moderators like it. It might well be researched a bit, but I think it’s one of those companies that will be off the radar as some semblance of normality returns.
One I had a while back, KWG did well and I sold out too early. As they all say DYOR, however, I think it is a good one

You are right. There is so much hype on SYME on one forum. I think all the moderators like it. It might well be researched a bit, but I think it’s one of those companies that will be off the radar as some semblance of normality returns.
One I had a while back, KWG did well and I sold out too early. As they all say DYOR, however, I think it is a good one

I am monitoring SYME... this monetised inventory stuff sounds interesting (even if it did go above my head)

Just looked at the chart and RSI is just under 37 and looks to be in a Bollinger Band squeeze.

So you are invested here Peterdev?

The vaccine obviously acts like steroids to market traders.
The fact a second and third vaccine are all coming up with similar results indicates the world economy will more likely to start to improve in 2021. In Europe the strong hints that a UK trade agreement will happen, has also pushed the european markets. Interesting to see what happens on Dow and Nasdaq when they open later today.

I am monitoring SYME... this monetised inventory stuff sounds interesting (even if it did go above my head)

Just looked at the chart and RSI is just under 37 and looks to be in a Bollinger Band squeeze.

So you are invested here Peterdev?
I’ve got four investment trusts in F and C. BMO Commercial Property, BMO High Income, F and C IT, TR Property....all doing very nicely. I put in £350pm and have done for a couple of years. All pay dividends.
Also got five shares. BP lost £1300 so far. CTY got £9000 and they pay nice dividends on a quarterly basis. Lloyds Bank at last into profit, and Taylor Wimpey doing pretty well. I’ve been in and out of those a bit. BYO invests in hand gel products.
I‘ve invested a lot in the past and had successes and failures. Only really got back into it three years ago.
Good book to read, How to Own the World by Andrew Craig. Whenever I’ve finished it anyone can have for a couple of beers. Cost me £16.99

SYME I can’t make up my mind on that one. I like what they do but as we come hopefully to the end of the financial crisis they may struggle to compete with banks lending

While banks aren`t offering diddly for holding money folk might as well have a spin on the markets.
I`m no mega-investor but the returns on my GIA and ISA with them Freetrade folk have been most pleasing.
Some brilliant returns on some, some losses on others but currently up on my investment plus the occasional dividend.

While banks aren`t offering diddly for holding money folk might as well have a spin on the markets.
I`m no mega-investor but the returns on my GIA and ISA with them Freetrade folk have been most pleasing.
Some brilliant returns on some, some losses on others but currently up on my investment plus the occasional dividend.
CTY the one to go for. High yield dividends and capital growth thrown in too

CTY the one to go for. High yield dividends and capital growth thrown in too
Agree with City of London - just a few days back in and I'm up over 11% Very pleased that I went back.

Star mover is still Oxbio - Up over 16.5% and still lots of potential. Vaccine just around the corner and, when it comes, it's promised to be the real deal. Astrazenika are doing the leg work, Oxbio will be producing the numbers and will be able to make a profit from additional sales. Also worth noting, all the research that is going into the vaccine is producing knock on's for so many other treatments. If only so much could be thrown into beating cancer.

I’ve got four investment trusts in F and C. BMO Commercial Property, BMO High Income, F and C IT, TR Property....all doing very nicely. I put in £350pm and have done for a couple of years. All pay dividends.
Also got five shares. BP lost £1300 so far. CTY got £9000 and they pay nice dividends on a quarterly basis. Lloyds Bank at last into profit, and Taylor Wimpey doing pretty well. I’ve been in and out of those a bit. BYO invests in hand gel products.
I‘ve invested a lot in the past and had successes and failures. Only really got back into it three years ago.
Good book to read, How to Own the World by Andrew Craig. Whenever I’ve finished it anyone can have for a couple of beers. Cost me £16.99

All sounds a solid foundation 👍. My Dad got me into this about 35 years ago and like you I was drip feeding money into Investment Trusts Foreign Colonial, Investec, Touché Remnant (TR) if I remember correctly. Branched out into FTSE shares and VCT’s etc... Afew years ago decided to do a complete over haul to de-risk the portfolio prepping for some sort of semi-retirement.

I remember saying at the time that I really didn’t want to ride another 10 year s**t storm in the markets after the last financial crisis... Haha, that went well!! If only I knew then what I know now 🤣🤣. Having said that, whilst things have taken a battering it could have been significantly worse had I not made that decision.

I am sure BP will come back reasonably quickly once things settle. Look at where it was pre Covid and looked what happened on vaccine news.

I recently dumped a load of contributions into my SIPP to get What I consider to be cheap/solid long term stock [BP/LLOY/BAT/VOD/GSK/PRU/L&G) as well as having some speculative fun on some AIM stuff (I think I missed the buzz).

I was watching Taylor Wimpey but a friends son who is with JP Morgan advised a couple of months ago to hold off until it dipped back below £1... I held off but never saw it drop below £1.10.... bloody wish I went in now... Hey Ho, that’s all part of the game I guess.

Good luck

Taylor Wimpey is one you can buy near the bottom and wait for it to rise. Look at Redrow too

👍 I’ll keep watching for the next dip and probably action a buy signal. The problem I have is that I just can’t gauge where I think the property market will go once we get through this. Housing demand will always be high I guess but it may depend on how the banks will re-assess lending risk and any further stamp duty concession.

I bought into TW at 141 and watched them go to under 100. Now they’re 150 and I am just waiting for the right time. They look like they’re heading higher. I reckon 200 is possible.
Having been in banking and hopefully having a good idea of where the market is heading, I do think there are going to be bad times for 18 months to 2 years or so. It will only start to recover when employment prospects pick up. A problem may be that rents won’t be paid to landlords resulting in more houses being put on the market.An over supply may reduce prices.
An increase in housebuilding may well have an impact too.
That said I think there will be a recovery in shares and trusts next year

I bought into TW at 141 and watched them go to under 100. Now they’re 150 and I am just waiting for the right time. They look like they’re heading higher. I reckon 200 is possible.
Having been in banking and hopefully having a good idea of where the market is heading, I do think there are going to be bad times for 18 months to 2 years or so. It will only start to recover when employment prospects pick up. A problem may be that rents won’t be paid to landlords resulting in more houses being put on the market.An over supply may reduce prices.
An increase in housebuilding may well have an impact too.
That said I think there will be a recovery in shares and trusts next year
TW is a great divided payer.

Been looking into CTY but the fundamentals are not appealing.

I had invested in Moderna, sold for a 13% profit.

TW was a great payer but hasn’t paid this year like so many. It’s due to start again this coming year...then I’d expect nice payments .
CTY i have 2500 shares costing £8175. Over a year they pay £118.75 every three months. Historically that will rise as it has done for over 50 years. A nice little earner for a pension.
On HL platform it lists where they invest. It won’t set the world alight but will provide steady growth

TW was a great payer but hasn’t paid this year like so many. It’s due to start again this coming year...then I’d expect nice payments .
CTY i have 2500 shares costing £8175. Over a year they pay £118.75 every three months. Historically that will rise as it has done for over 50 years. A nice little earner for a pension.
On HL platform it lists where they invest. It won’t set the world alight but will provide steady growth
So based on 56 shares, whats my dividend payment looking like in a year?

It’s 4.75p per share four times a year so around £10.64 a year.
Although that is likely to increase year on year

Back
Top Bottom