Stewart Donald to buy Sunderland

Like him or loathe him, there can't be many posters on here that end up being the tea lady of a professional club let alone 2nd in command of (potentially) one of the top 10 in the land.

The duo seem to have made a good start, although simply not being Ellis Short would make you popular in the eyes of the Mackams! Their managerial appointment will basically be s**t or bust.

Wilder has just signed a new deal so no reunion there now.

Like him or loathe him, there can't be many posters on here that end up being the tea lady of a professional club let alone 2nd in command of (potentially) one of the top 10 in the land.

The duo seem to have made a good start, although simply not being Ellis Short would make you popular in the eyes of the Mackams! Their managerial appointment will basically be s**t or bust.

Not sure if s**t or bust is entirely right. Given their ridiculous bloated wage structure and transfer funds, you’d have to be a pretty shocking manager not to get a promotion on your CV.

Not sure if s**t or bust is entirely right. Given their ridiculous bloated wage structure and transfer funds, you’d have to be a pretty shocking manager not to get a promotion on your CV.

Agreed, Clotet with CM as his number 2 could have a good crack at it!! Wonder if they’ll go for any of our current (or past players) in the transfer window?

Being sat on Dr. No’s lap in every scene, didn’t make the cat No2 in Spectre!

And top 10 in the land ? Really

Agreed, Clotet with CM as his number 2 could have a good crack at it!! Wonder if they’ll go for any of our current (or past players) in the transfer window?

Tiendalli is a free agent.

As I've said before they were only interested in Oxford when they thought they could make some decent money out of it. As soon as that looked unlikely they were off and couldn't invest due to 'heart ruling head' blah blah blah. It doesn't really bother me what happens with Sunderland or their ownership. I'm more bothered that they make out they are some kind of fans of Oxford United. I'd rather CM wasn't associated with our club. Particularly now he and his mustard chinos are in the national press.
Don't Forget the deck shoes

Wilder has just signed a new deal so no reunion there now.
I can only see CW leaving The Blades if he gets the tintac or a top PL team comes in for him.

Think of the bigger picture. Their aim is to get back to the PL, not just promotion from L1! It's a huge rebuilding job, a lot of crap needs to be cleared out and it's a pressure cooker environment with a fragmented support. It's a tough gig IMO.

Think of the bigger picture. Their aim is to get back to the PL, not just promotion from L1! It's a huge rebuilding job, a lot of crap needs to be cleared out and it's a pressure cooker environment with a fragmented support. It's a tough gig IMO.

I’d rather be in their position in terms of potential than most other teams in the football league. The parachute payments alone put them in a stronger position than 90% of other clubs over the coming years.

Being sat on Dr. No’s lap in every scene, didn’t make the cat No2 in Spectre!

And top 10 in the land ? Really

2nd largest shareholder to SD, he's put his money where his mouth is...

Yeah, I see them as a top 10-12 club based on potential regular paying support. Along with both clubs from Manchester, Merseyside, Glasgow, N. London + Chelsea, Newcastle, maybe Leeds & Villa.

Don't think CM and SD were fans of wilder were they? Still trying to get my head round SD having to pay Wildr to leave when he was under contract and accepted another job.

Has Charlie actually invested money and has a responsibility for the debts that SAFC accumulate? Or is it all on SD shoulders?
As far as I am aware CM relied on family to start up his PR company and was not an investor in the sporting paper just responsible for trying to make it a successful.
It will be interesting to see if he walks the walk that he expects of others if he does have financial involvement.

Has Charlie actually invested money and has a responsibility for the debts that SAFC accumulate? Or is it all on SD shoulders?
As far as I am aware CM relied on family to start up his PR company and was not an investor in the sporting paper just responsible for trying to make it a successful.
It will be interesting to see if he walks the walk that he expects of others if he does have financial involvement.

No idea but it’s quite common for start ups to give employees / service providers shares or options so they share in any eventual sale whilst perhaps being paid under the market rate.

But I am a bit surprised the whole international consortium talk has dropped. It’s one thing saying Donald is worth (for instance £100M) but if that is tied up in his companies then how does he fund Sunderland ? This seems like sticking everything on black at roulette , but whether the odds are evens or better who knows?

Well I hope that Sunderland have an equivalentof Oxvox that asks these tough questions of the new Sunderland PR guru who is only to willing to spill all that privileged information!

No idea but it’s quite common for start ups to give employees / service providers shares or options so they share in any eventual sale whilst perhaps being paid under the market rate.

But I am a bit surprised the whole international consortium talk has dropped. It’s one thing saying Donald is worth (for instance £100M) but if that is tied up in his companies then how does he fund Sunderland ? This seems like sticking everything on black at roulette , but whether the odds are evens or better who knows?
I thought CM got his 6% share for facilitating the the deal, no capital investment just being the agent between the parties, 6% of what is to be seen..

CM did allude to putting some money in, but there is no context. He could have put 50p in and that statement would have been true

I think SD will be the initial main man, then a Sartori-esqe figure will join

Back
Top Bottom