Stewart Donald to buy Sunderland

Wouldn't surprise me if this was Sartori. Stewart Donald as the main man, with financial backing from JS. After a young hungry manager, a certain Michael Appleton fits the bill. Makes you wonder why SD never got really involved with OUFC. Oh what could have been...

Wouldn't surprise me if this was Sartori. Stewart Donald as the main man, with financial backing from JS. After a young hungry manager, a certain Michael Appleton fits the bill. Makes you wonder why SD never got really involved with OUFC. Oh what could have been...

...or maybe, just maybe the mystery man in Monaco will turn out to be that tax exile, OGB himself?.... then if he did happen to get involved with another EFL club ,he would HAVE to part with the breeze block? :unsure::unsure:;)

...or maybe, just maybe the mystery man in Monaco will turn out to be that tax exile, OGB himself?.... then if he did happen to get involved with another EFL club ,he would HAVE to part with the breeze block? :unsure::unsure:;)

Sadly not!

So Sunderland are debt free but have to pay Short in instalments through parachute payments over a set amount of time.

Tiger paid Eales a lump sum, Eales wrote the debt off and it was agreed Tiger would pay Eales instalments once money that was due from past transfers came in.

It was Charlie and co who tried to shoot me down when I said Eales left us debt free so what’s the difference as from where I’m sitting it’s pretty much an identical deal?!

So Sunderland are debt free but have to pay Short in instalments through parachute payments over a set amount of time.

Tiger paid Eales a lump sum, Eales wrote the debt off and it was agreed Tiger would pay Eales instalments once money that was due from past transfers came in.

It was Charlie and co who tried to shoot me down when I said Eales left us debt free so what’s the difference as from where I’m sitting it’s pretty much an identical deal?!

Must admit that I don't understand the difference either.

Can any of our bright finance-type people help?

This may be a stupid question..

I know DE is entitled to a certain amount of revenue from some future sales, but how do we know that apart from that money there was no other debt associated to the club when Tiger took over. Is that really the case?

This may be a stupid question..

I know DE is entitled to a certain amount of revenue from some future sales, but how do we know that apart from that money there was no other debt associated to the club when Tiger took over. Is that really the case?
It's difficult to tell, but the club is relatively straight forward compared to Sunderland.
There don't appear to have been any bank loans or overdrafts as normally the bank will take a charge over assets to protect themselves, and none have been filed.
We haven't heard of any 'friendly' loans, like in the past when Rosenthal and other friends of the club made loans and then called them back in. (Might have been a small loan from one of the directors for a few tens of thousands).
There don't appear to have been any funny financing arrangements.
So the key 'other debts' are I suppose
tax and VAT,
rent.
Also the service charge dispute which could be another 500K from memory.
Any instalments on transfer fees payable.
The amounts owed to WPL were transferred as due to Ensco, and it appears that some £4.275M is classed as loan notes which is what the transfer fee income gets used to pay. Is there any more due to Ensco on top of that?
I suppose the other question is has Tiger (or the club) borrowed money from a third party to help pay for either running the club or paying off Eales.

It makes him look more an a**e than he already is doesn't it? Very funny. I wonder if he stole the idea from DE and Tiger....

It makes him look more an a**e than he already is doesn't it? Very funny. I wonder if he stole the idea from DE and Tiger....

I certainly look forward to the day Charlie starts to post on here again. I’m not sure he will be too welcomed or taken seriously.

He has finally showed his true colours now and maybe some posters will realise why myself and several others were happy when Charlie didn’t get his hands on OUFC.

Apropos is mackem for a flush toilet. These are a rarity on Wearside, so kudos to the Methane Mackem.

Sunderland supporter at work tells their forum says SD is off to Monaco today.... #EnterSatori?

Nothing like dropping ‘apropos’ in to your first interview
He must have listed to Sheryl Crow before the press conference. Or completely misunderstand the majority of his intended audience.

Ahem - what you trying to say?
That posh southern t**t language isn't used much up north. If you meet CM, do ask him about how he prefers to brew moonshine. He's quite fond of it so I hear. With a serving of quince salad :D

That posh southern t**t language isn't used much up north. If you meet CM, do ask him about how he prefers to brew moonshine. He's quite fond of it so I hear. With a serving of quince salad :D
He wears posh trousers which has confused some up there. We like quince and dumplings

Back
Top Bottom