Stewart Donald anyone.....

I can’t think of too many people with more board room knowledge about lower league football then him. He was part of the youth academy for a long time and has spent so much time in the boardroom and has a huge bank of knowledge. His style on here was not great but it often came as a result of trying to land ideas that were unpopular but ultimately often correct.

I can’t think of too many people with more board room knowledge about lower league football then him. He was part of the youth academy for a long time and has spent so much time in the boardroom and has a huge bank of knowledge. His style on here was not great but it often came as a result of trying to land ideas that were unpopular but ultimately often correct.
Charlie or SD?

Charlie or SD?

Charlie. I think he’s got terrible forum skills but having met him once or twice, like Pete Burrett, he doesn’t come across so badly and certainly knows his stuff.

Understand he’s not everyone’s cup of tea though.

Charlie. I think he’s got terrible forum skills but having met him once or twice, like Pete Burrett, he doesn’t come across so badly and certainly knows his stuff.

Understand he’s not everyone’s cup of tea though.

Just struggling to think of any significant issues he got right??!!

He was frequently shown to be wrong about the silly things like Roofe's wages, the major things like Water Eaton and the fantasy things like washing the teams kit.

For someone in PR, he certainly had a very strange way of showing that he knew his stuff by repeatedly posting rubbish on an obscure internet forum!

Look at SAFC’s pre-season plans:

I know it's a VIP experience and all that, and maybe I'm a tight git, but those prices are hard to swallow; it’d cover my ST for the next 5 years!

Essentially you get flights, 3 nights accommodation, a coach to the games, a chance to watch a training session and a BBQ. For £2,500. ?

Last edited:
Bet it’s squeaky bum time now for our friends in the north now they’ve failed to get automatic promotion with the biggest budget in the league.

Certainly seems that way.

Certainly seems that way.

SD and Charles played down the chances of promotion this season, but going straight back up was essential for their business plan. The overheads at Sunderland are massive and I'm sure that they'll have significant losses for this season, even with the parachute payment in place. Another season in league 1 with a greatly reduced budget could be an uncomfortable experience for those at the top.

SD and Charles played down the chances of promotion this season, but going straight back up was essential for their business plan. The overheads at Sunderland are massive and I'm sure that they'll have significant losses for this season, even with the parachute payment in place. Another season in league 1 with a greatly reduced budget could be an uncomfortable experience for those at the top.
I'm quite torn about this. On the one hand SD seems like a prefectly reasonable bloke and I'd like him to eventually become OUFC's owner (as we know he would have the club's interests at the heart of anything he did) so I don't want him to lose his money and getting rid of Sunderland to the Champ might be better than Peterborough or Charlton in so far as competition next season goes. On the other hand, if they didn't go up, it would be as funny as f++k!

I'm quite torn about this. On the one hand SD seems like a prefectly reasonable bloke and I'd like him to eventually become OUFC's owner (as we know he would have the club's interests at the heart of anything he did) so I don't want him to lose his money and getting rid of Sunderland to the Champ might be better than Peterborough or Charlton in so far as competition next season goes. On the other hand, if they didn't go up, it would be as funny as f++k!

Should they fail, wonder if them mackem moonshiners would be blamed by SDs bagman? :unsure::sneaky:;)

Another season in league 1 with a greatly reduced budget could be an uncomfortable experience for those at the top.

Majority shareholder SD is a self-made millionaire dealing with risk management (insurance). Minority shareholder Satori is a multi-millionaire who has married into the family of a billionaire. I think they will all sleep well at night even if SAFC fail in the playoffs!

Majority shareholder SD is a self-made millionaire dealing with risk management (insurance). Minority shareholder Satori is a multi-millionaire who has married into the family of a billionaire. I think they will all sleep well at night even if SAFC fail in the playoffs!

I'm not suggesting that either will be rushing to the food bank, but equally neither will want to P**s away several million a year on their 'train set' that is going nowhere!

You're right that SD does appear to be a decent chap, and he helped our club when we needed it the most. However, he spent a lot at Eastleigh and might have bitten off more than he can chew at Sunderland. It seems that football is his weakness and I wouldn't want to see him broke off the back ot it.

However, Sunderland have come into league 1 with the biggest budget the league has seen and could still f**k it up! They are a club who have failed for years and another few years of failure will be just as funny to watch as all those club who think that they're bigger than their league.

The next couple of weeks might just be a reality check for some!

You're right that SD does appear to be a decent chap, and he helped our club when we needed it the most. However, he spent a lot at Eastleigh and might have bitten off more than he can chew at Sunderland. It seems that football is his weakness and I wouldn't want to see him broke off the back ot it.

However, Sunderland have come into league 1 with the biggest budget the league has seen and could still f**k it up! They are a club who have failed for years and another few years of fa6ilure will be just as funny to watch as all those club who think that they're bigger than their league.

The next couple of weeks might just be a reality check for some!
However, Sunderland have come into league 1 with the biggest budget the league has seen and could still f**k it up! They are a club who have failed for years and another few years of failure will be just as funny to watch as all those club who think that they're bigger than their league.
To be fair one of the reasons the budget was so high was historic , so players signed on Premiership salaries still there.
The club had been a basket case and despite the budget it would have been a decent effort to go up.
Having said that they were in a decent position at Christmas and spent money particularly on Grigg and this clearly hasn't worked.
I assume that SD had assumed that it could take a couple of years to go up?

Back
Top Bottom